Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
They've got and had many biowarfare facilities around Russia and usually in remote areas like Siberia. They weren't super careful in their operations and have had some problems, like wiping out all animal life in a large radius of the site. The area in question may be near or is the site of an old facility and some of their sins resurfaced..

·
Registered
35 Posts
They've got and had many biowarfare facilities around Russia and usually in remote areas like Siberia. They weren't super careful in their operations and have had some problems, like wiping out all animal life in a large radius of the site. The area in question may be near or is the site of an old facility and some of their sins resurfaced..
Russia's Biopreparat is scary stuff.. Of all the things they messed around with Anthrax frightens me the least. I often wonder if some of the nasty stuff they worked with made it out of Russia during the dissolution of the Soviet Union...

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Seems like it can pop up from "nowhere". We hadn't had an anthrax case for decades before a few years ago, and now there is a new case that killed a bunch of cows and a horse, no human fatalities.

The spores can stay dormant for 50-100 years without dying! Lovely...

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
Russia's Biopreparat is scary stuff.. Of all the things they messed around with Anthrax frightens me the least. I often wonder if some of the nasty stuff they worked with made it out of Russia during the dissolution of the Soviet Union...
Yeah I know. I saw a documentary on this very subject a few months ago. Just like their nuke disaster, there are some biowarfare dead zones as well. They let some really bad stuff get away from them and the people working on it and surrounding area paid the price.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Outbreak in Siberia

Apparently, there is some kind of outbreak in the Siberian area of Russia. The Russians have admitted to it and are sending in Bio-weapon troops. They are saying it's anthrax, but this is not contagious so the story does not fit. With 1,200 reindeer killed, it seems like more of a chemical release or something contagious.

I don't think it's worth worrying about yet, but something worth watching.

Zero Hedge article here

Please post any additional information to this thread...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Yeah I know. I saw a documentary on this very subject a few months ago. Just like their nuke disaster, there are some biowarfare dead zones as well. They let some really bad stuff get away from them and the people working on it and surrounding area paid the price.
I don't like to think of the quantity of stuff that disappeared to parts unknown after the fall of the Iron Curtain. :(

·
Registered
243 Posts
They have been having some massive fires in Siberia. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? The smoke has been blowing across a big part of Siberia and Mongolia.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It was above 30 C.
The hottest I've seen is 91 degrees Fahrenheit and that is only for a few days! I guess that's kinda hot. But it only lasts for a few days. It's usually in the 70-80 range. Back to the subject- anybody seen any updates on the anthrax?

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
It's more logical to think the fires and the anthrax has a common cause, the heat wave.
If the forests were contaminated with some bad stuff in the past, there may be a link. For example they are really worried about forest fires around Chernobyl. The trees, grass and dead vegetation are badly contaminated and if it were to burn you'll have a nuclear forest fire with nuclear smoke. It's only a matter of time before it happens..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
It has been said that it was a thawing reindeer carcass.

When I first read the story, muslim was my first thought (see, it works) and then I got to thinking, why aren't the ******** wreaking havoc over there? It's a serious question that I do not know. Don't muslims make up 20% of their population?

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,720 Posts
It has been said that it was a thawing reindeer carcass.

When I first read the story, muslim was my first thought (see, it works) and then I got to thinking, why aren't the ******** wreaking havoc over there? It's a serious question that I do not know. Don't muslims make up 20% of their population?
Despite the numbers Russian Muslims outside the Southern regions most identify strongly with the Russian state and the ongoing action between the government forces and the fundamentalists in the South are not considered newsworthy in the West.

The UK had an Anthrax incident in Wiltshire last year but it was contained and barely created a news stream, apparently they had a natural Anthrax outbreak in Siberia in 1941.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts