* World news
* Russia

Russia to raise nuclear missile output fourfold
• 70 ICBMs intended to pressure US in treaty talks
• £95bn package includes tanks, ships and planes

* Tom Parfitt in Moscow and Julian Borger, diplomatic editor
* The Guardian, Wednesday 24 December 2008
* Article history

Russia has thrown down a new gauntlet to Barack Obama with an announcement that it will sharply increase production of strategic nuclear missiles.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
I think Putin wants to restore Russia to what it once was. He's one tough cookie.
You can bet he'll test Obma, either directly or by supporting others to do it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think Putin wants to restore Russia to what it once was. He's one tough cookie.
Like we did by training and backing Georgian troops so they could attack S. Osettia and get their asses beat by the Russians.

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
Ya think? Ol' Vlad the impaler would LOVE to restore Mother Russia. And he's already on the road to doing it. There is no such thing as "ex KGB". This guy is the most evil thing to come out of Russia since Stalin, and the world knows it. Yet nobody is saying anything.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ya think? Ol' Vlad the impaler would LOVE to restore Mother Russia. And he's already on the road to doing it. There is no such thing as "ex KGB". This guy is the most evil thing to come out of Russia since Stalin, and the world knows it. Yet nobody is saying anything.
I don't think he's any worse than our current despot. And probably no worse than the one about to slither into office.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Living way too close to Russia for comfort. Putin and his merry band of neo-stalinist scare me... Not so much for what he´ll do now but for what might come after he turned down the temperature to mid-fifty´s cold war levels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts