Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know about what's going on in the cities. Anyone gathered anything about what's going on outside the cities? What kind of conditions are they under? Are they doing door to door searches and such?

I know early on the small towns were barricading roads and I know people fleeing Wuhan were getting boarded up in houses to quarantine them. But I'm not sure what's going on for the actual residents in the countryside.

I'm watching China for a glimpse of how things may play out here eventually. Would certainly help if we knew how things were going to be for those of us who are going to be out on farms and such.

·
Organ Donor
827 Posts
Not rural China but I saw this over in a thread about the virus on a gun board.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am friends with a couple who have been living in China for about eight years. They are Americans who chose not to leave because China is where their lives are and have been for many years. They are taking care of children in an orphanage who depend on them.

I was told by my friend's mother that she heard from the couple briefly today. They've been standing in long lines for water because the people who run the water company haven't been to work due to illness and water has stopped running in many areas, including theirs. Toilets aren't working either. A lot of people are also afraid of drinking water from the tap because they're afraid of ingesting the virus in the water since they know for sure the water workers were ill.

Information is NOT being shared there in China at all. Not like it should be. They've been told NOT to leave their homes and that water will start being delivered, but there's no sign that will happen and it hasn't happened yet. They said the numbers being reported on the news here in the states are untrue. They can't believe the level of misrepresentation numbers wise.

The couple has also reported that massives fires are burning around the clock. They believe these to be bodies that are being burned but the official statement is that it's trash due to trash not being picked up due to trash workers being ill. They have personally seen big trucks carrying what appears to be full body bags towards the area where those fires are burning even though the trucks travel at night with no headlights. The couple is in an apartment on the 5th or 6th floor and can see down into trucks from their balcony. They said the smell of death is all you smell outside and black birds have overtaken the town they live in.

They're doing semi-okay on food but it's still being rationed and they've been watering down baby formula since it happened ... which means the babies are automatically not at their healthiest if the virus does hit the orphanage. They're being underfed due to supplies. This will compromise their ability to survive and already leaves them very uncomfortable due to hunger.

As of today when they were heard from, they have been told that NO ONE is to leave their homes (they are remaining now at the orphanage around the clock) and that what they have on hand will have to do right now. The markets are out of supplies anyway.

A lot of people are going to starve from the sounds of this. Especially those babies.

This is all kinds of messed up and I am worried sick for my friends and the kids in their care.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Not surprising that little news of rural China. Now under 50% of the population and regarded by the "sophisticated" city folk as the worst kind of hillbilly scum (so pretty much like the US urban yuppies/metro/millennials).

Quite a bit of China's production of "stuff" is actually from tiny/small rural cottage industry shops. Tends towards the Pier One chic stuff but also Harbor Frt junk.

·
Registered
587 Posts
China average person works 12 hour days, and get off 2 days a month. The Chinese at this time are focused on one thing, world power, therefore the citizens are mass production lines. There is little to zero progress as to safety, nor health of the people. Therefore the rural areas that do not produce mass products are very uncared for...trash everywhere, trains packed in like sardines and more.

I would believe this kind of living would produce a perfect environment of overworked people who eat lots of junk food, with zero health care...leaving the immune system is open to any kind of fast-spreading virus. China has a long history of accidentally kill off mass amounts of people in order for progress, and we are talking about millions of people.

I do not believe we could compare our rural areas to theirs at all. It is noted that they do not know often the word free-thinking, as guided by the communist parties they only existence is based on the number one concern of the government. It would the last place in the world to be...during an event like this. Just one person's opinion among millions of other opinions.

·
Grevcon 10
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's one for you: Rural villages have been closing their roads to keep outsiders out. Part of China's new announcements that the efforts to fight the virus can not impair the economy (and tax collection) is going to include ensuring that those roads are reopened.

I know plenty of survivalists here have the same idea of closing roads to their small communities. Apparently you can expect a government convoy to come driving through to clear your checkpoint after a week or two because not allowing people in and out of your community hurts the economy.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

I am friends with a couple who have been living in China for about eight years. They are Americans who chose not to leave because China is where their lives are and have been for many years. They are taking care of children in an orphanage who depend on them.

I was told by my friend's mother that she heard from the couple briefly today. They've been standing in long lines for water because the people who run the water company haven't been to work due to illness and water has stopped running in many areas, including theirs. Toilets aren't working either. A lot of people are also afraid of drinking water from the tap because they're afraid of ingesting the virus in the water since they know for sure the water workers were ill.

Information is NOT being shared there in China at all. Not like it should be. They've been told NOT to leave their homes and that water will start being delivered, but there's no sign that will happen and it hasn't happened yet. They said the numbers being reported on the news here in the states are untrue. They can't believe the level of misrepresentation numbers wise.

The couple has also reported that massives fires are burning around the clock. They believe these to be bodies that are being burned but the official statement is that it's trash due to trash not being picked up due to trash workers being ill. They have personally seen big trucks carrying what appears to be full body bags towards the area where those fires are burning even though the trucks travel at night with no headlights. The couple is in an apartment on the 5th or 6th floor and can see down into trucks from their balcony. They said the smell of death is all you smell outside and black birds have overtaken the town they live in.

They're doing semi-okay on food but it's still being rationed and they've been watering down baby formula since it happened ... which means the babies are automatically not at their healthiest if the virus does hit the orphanage. They're being underfed due to supplies. This will compromise their ability to survive and already leaves them very uncomfortable due to hunger.

As of today when they were heard from, they have been told that NO ONE is to leave their homes (they are remaining now at the orphanage around the clock) and that what they have on hand will have to do right now. The markets are out of supplies anyway.

A lot of people are going to starve from the sounds of this. Especially those babies.

This is all kinds of messed up and I am worried sick for my friends and the kids in their care.
These people are the very definition of what a hero is. Someone who will help the helpless, even when there's a very significant chance of it leading to their own death.

They could have left and been back in the US, probably living in luxury compared to what they had in China.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
These people are the very definition of what a hero is. Someone who will help the helpless, even when there's a very significant chance of it leading to their own death.

They could have left and been back in the US, probably living in luxury compared to what they had in China.
exactly, and I am more inclined to believe things like that then official Chinese or any gov reporting of it. big disclaimer obviously is "if true"

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

They've been standing in long lines for water because the people who run the water company haven't been to work due to illness and water has stopped running in many areas, including theirs. Toilets aren't working either. A lot of people are also afraid of drinking water from the tap because they're afraid of ingesting the virus in the water since they know for sure the water workers were ill.

Ha~! I wouldn't expect the water workers to be swimming in it~!

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
I have not heard yet if anyone has tried to use colloidal silver for this virus.
I know that it hs a good reputation for many other things but this obviously is a first.
Even if it only helps a little bit it is far better than nothing.

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
Anywhere in China, you own nothing and you do what you are told, or disappear. Kinda like the Clinton Foundation.

·
Grevcon 10
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not heard yet if anyone has tried to use colloidal silver for this virus.
I know that it hs a good reputation for many other things but this obviously is a first.
Even if it only helps a little bit it is far better than nothing.
It does not have a good reputation. It doesn't work. Drinking disinfectant does not disinfect your blood. Silver only works on surfaces. Stay on topic.

·
Registered
359 Posts

Im willing to send baby formula if they believe there is any choice of them getting it.

Prayers for the innocent lives and thanks for the courage of your friends to stay and fight for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts