Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It looks to be something from WWII...which would explain why it's not in wide use; once petrol came to be so plentiful, alternatives like this fell out of favor as they require some work to implement.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Back 15 to 20 years ago I remember a documentry on TV about some engineering students building one of these and driving across the country by going to construction sites and picking up small pieces of scrap wood to fuel the trip. As I recall they towed a small trailer with the generator and the wood in it behind a station wagon. They made it from coast to coast on $0.00 in fuel cost. A back-up generator powered by wood chips would be a Godsend in a post SHTF situation as well.

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
alternative fuels make more since everyday, there practicality will increase with future rationing and shortages. I've been interested in alcohol for fuel for a while now and starting to look at bio-fuels.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Negativer!!!

It will work, germans used such in war 2.

It will destroy an engine after a while. As a year or so. Too much forgien particles and soot build up.

later
wayne
If you use an original design, it may have soot, tar and particulates, but if you follow my link, those units wilL not; repeat NOT!!!
Study the technology and testings of developments; this is not the WW-2 era crap; this is NASA grade.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Laus Deo
overbore

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.