Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If my words here seem a disparate and disorganized mess, forgive me, if you would. I work too damned hard and am still trying to wake up.

There is indeed something to be said for this, both practically and socially.

I'm something of a tough old woman, at 52 [I do not look my age] and I have both seen and experienced much, in this journey colloquially and succinctly called "life".

For a number of reasons, I have lived my life alone and fiercely independent. I did not necessarily want to live that way, but that is how that I have lived.

That fierce independence is a big reason why that I have lived alone among other reasons and I sometimes cry about that. Notwithstanding that, I have found a very deep and complex love, and her name is Silveressa.

But at 52 years of age and 24 years of military service [my LORD! It is so hard to believe that 24 years passed so seemingly quickly!], I have now freely acknowledged the great value in cooperation and the great value of social contact.

My Lord, I have seen so much in this life...

People work far better TOGETHER, cooperating with each other.

I was blessed with a formidable mind and I am indeed a very capable woman, but do you know what? I don't know everything. I am weak in many areas and I have many faults.

I can't do it all. I don't WANT to do it all and while I am a very good leader, frankly, I would rather defer leadership to a COMPETENT and SENSITIVE [as I am] MAN.

Yes, that came from me.

It is unlikely to happen that way in an EOTWAWKI scenario and that is fine. Silveressa and I will survive. Silveressa and I 'switch off' in leadership roles easily and seamlessly for SHE is a talented leader, as well.

We complement each other and I trust her implicitly.

But not one of us can do, or is capable of doing EVERYTHING. I can fly and repair aircraft and within limitations, I can repair PEOPLE. These are valuable skills. I am a technician and I can repair many things.

I am more of a "tecchie" and Silveressa is far more competent at "bare-bones survival" than I. SHE has a formidable mind and brings alot to the table.

We make a good team, she and I, but I do not believe that either of us are averse to joining others, in the interests of survival.

It's all about TEAMWORK: "United, we stand. Divided, we fall."

It's as simple and as ironically complex as that.

An integrated whole is composed oft of disparate parts and as formidable as the two of us are together, at least I would prefer to be a part of a larger community of survivors.

As effective a leader as I am and as foreign a concept to me as 'submission' is, I would not wish to lead such a community. Again, would prefer to defer that responsibility to a GOOD man.

I think that for both Silveressa and I, community living would be socially more desirable. There would have to be a sharing of certain fundamental attitudes, for I will not associate with cold and heartless people. I can be a pretty mean b**** when I have to be, but I am not at all wantonly violent.

Neither is Silveressa.

She and I will survive on our own, complementing each other but at least for me, community survival is the desired state.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Most groups would welcome a technician, or should. I wouldn't have a problem taking the both of you in UNTIL you proved your worth. Being a pilot might come in handy though in a post shtf world, it could also be dangerous to both the pilot and the compound. Overall, you would be welcome as long as rules were followed.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Most groups would welcome a technician, or should. I wouldn't have a problem taking the both of you in UNTIL you proved your worth. Being a pilot might come in handy though in a post shtf world, it could also be dangerous to both the pilot and the compound. Overall, you would be welcome as long as rules were followed.
It depends upon the rules. As I said, I will gladly defer responsibility to a GOOD man, not a cruel nor unreasonable one.

Rules by the way, are expected, my good sir.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
People **** me off. I would rather die trying to make it on my own than put up with their bullsh-t.
I would believe it's the other way around, you would die because other people wouldn't put up with your bu**sh$t! Be sure to carry I.D. or you'll just be another unmarked grave.:thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get a few 'good vibes' from you, by the way.

Rhonda

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is indeed, something to be said for decency and humane treatment of others.

I do believe that we see 'eye to eye' on this.

Rhonda

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
People **** me off. I would rather die trying to make it on my own than put up with their bullsh-t.
I can understand the sentiment, but it is a nescient one. Actually no one can make it on their own for any length of time because of "time." Pick any well-known survivalist or bushcrafter... even they cannot make it on their own despite their knowledge, experience and tools. And the reason is time.

An individual does not have enough time to survive alone. An individual might be able to obtain enough food to survive (hunting, fishing, foraging) but the individual does not have enough time to prepare the food, create shelter, get the necessary firewood, find good water, and stay healthy. This is why the famous "mountain men" of yore who at least had a mule and supplies usually died in their 30s, wore out. They had to do it all.

Indeed, Cody Lundin quotes an experiment run by modern day survivalist/outdoor expert. Some two dozen outdoor experts (all teachers of it as well) were given the opportunity to spend a month surviving in good weather and time of year on a huge private ranch with plenty of resources, but they had to find their own food, built their own shelters et cetera. Only two people made it the month, and that was a mother and daughter team. The Rambos failed miserably, none lasting more than two weeks.

Those who prefer to do die while trying alone (rather than succeeding on a team) will probably get their wish.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Sorry sista, marriage is only allowed between a man and a woman. You're outta luck here.
Vic is apparently unaware of recent social and political developments in much of the western world, as well as several US states, like Mass, Vermont, California, NY, etc.

I don't understand, Falconessa, why you would be willing to be deferential specifically to someone with XY chromosomes, since this seems to rule aout half the population of potential leaders or co-survivors. But then again, what do I know!

In any case, I VOLUNTEER! I'm pretty bright, hardworking, financially in good shape, have a flexible job, like shooting, spend lots of time in the woods & wilderness, tolerant, polticially progressive and have a small network of hippie & quasi-hippie friends who share many of my interests. And I live in Vermont!

HippieSurvivalist :thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is an exceedingly strange question.

Why would you ask it?
Well, this is going to sound rude no matter how I say it. That is why I did not the first time. There is no way I have any idea about you and I recognize that. It was simply a feeling in the moment. But to be honest, just as you got....

a few 'good vibes'
...from someone else, I got a few "strange" vibes from you and I honestly meant that questions. Something just sounded off to me. Probably jut my mood or something. Don't mean to be rude.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well, this is going to sound rude no matter how I say it. That is why I did not the first time. There is no way I have any idea about you and I recognize that. It was simply a feeling in the moment. But to be honest, just as you got....

...from someone else, I got a few "strange" vibes from you and I honestly meant that questions. Something just sounded off to me. Probably jut my mood or something. Don't mean to be rude.
It is no problem, sir.

Rhonda

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can understand the sentiment, but it is a nescient one. Actually no one can make it on their own for any length of time because of "time." Pick any well-known survivalist or bushcrafter... even they cannot make it on their own despite their knowledge, experience and tools. And the reason is time...Those who prefer to do die while trying alone (rather than succeeding on a team) will probably get their wish.
"Nescient"? I am impressed.

Obviously, you are a man of words, sir.

I might humbly add that those who are wanting in prescience, relative to survival preparedness, will likely suffer accordingly.

You have my respect, sir.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts