Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ouch - that's my thumb!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me old-fashioned. Every day I am confronted by situations that make me scratch my head an wonder: Where did we go so wrong? Simple courtesy, etiquette and ethics seem to have taken a dramatic dive into the dust-bin of history.

While growing up, I was reminded of manners and etiquette on a near daily basis and I am thankful for such, as it taught me how to interact with people in an appropriate manner. A lot of parents today simply ignore such things and the results will inevitably be a society of people who need their a$$es kicked.

But, that got me to thinking.........

If it all ends tomorrow and society must rebuild, what are the top three rules of courtesy, ethics and etiquette that you personally think must be drilled into people? I think mine would be:

1.) Respect of elders.
2.) Nothing in life is free.
3.) Help thy neighbors.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
problem is with the post 1960 generations is that they as time goes on have become incresingly self centered and materialistic i think its kinda funny 1964 guns had to be made with safteys and thats about the same time we started our slide downhill

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
. If it all ends tomorrow and society must rebuild, what are the top three rules of courtesy, ethics and etiquette that you personally think must be drilled into people? I think mine would be:

1.) Respect of elders.
2.) Nothing in life is free.
3.) Help thy neighbors.
After things settle and the goblins are either wiped out or driven to the nether regions it will be the decent people who prevail and most of them will lean on old traditions and the dictates of their own conscience. Doesn't mean it will be perfect, but they won't deliberately crap on everybody they see as an ice-breaker.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
IF society collaspes the rule,s are THERE are no rules. There will be people out there that if YOU play by the book they will BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH IT] JMO

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
4.Be gentle towards women
5. Be respectful to all people, reguardless of creed, skin color, or gender
6. If see something illegal, do something ( lots of people ignore crime)
7.offer help to anyone who needs it (something as simple as reaching somethng from a high self for someone)
8. Be civil towards uncivil people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts