Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the most durable pants made. I need to be able to cut trees, ride dirt bikes, go hiking, etc. Most brands are very expensive so I don't want to make the wrong choice. I have some double front Carhartts but I don't know if other brands are more durable. For me the pants must have cargo pockets as well. Please give me your thoughts.

·
Only politics *****.
5,682 Posts
Fjallraven is another great brand. It's strong and fits well. Comfortable to wear. It is however a bit expensive, so i'd suggest waiting for a sale.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Personally, I'd be wearing different pants for all three activities you mentioned. However, I've come to like the Truspec 24/7 tactical 60/40 as an all around option. Very affordable too.

·
In Memory
10,934 Posts
Carhartt, Duluth & D ickes make rugged pants at decent prices.

REI & Cabella's has some, but they get a bit expensive.

If you can afford them Sitka pants are amazing.

·
Last Frontiersman
1,873 Posts
Find a store that carries Filson brand clothing, and put your hands on a pair of their double tin pants. Probably THE most rugged pants you can buy. Duluth Trading, Carhartt, Sitka, can't hold a candle to them. In fact, many people don't like them because they want rugged pants but these ones are too heavy, too stiff for their liking.

I love them, personally. They're not cheap though, at $215 a pair.

·
Registered
6,967 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Duluth Firehose pants are tough. They are much more stiff than most other pants I have. I just got a pair of Duluth Flex Firehose pants. Those might be the best, most comfortable pair of pants I own. Lighter weight than the regular firehose stuff but VERY comfortable. Join their website (get on the mailing list) and you will get notifications of deals. This past week they have had 25% off on many items. The discount makes their stuff in line with the price of Carhartt stuff.

Lastly, someone mentioned Filson. I have a pair of Tin pants and a pair of Double Tin Chaps. They are very expensive but I doubt I will ever wear them out. Pay the extra $10 for leather trim hem. It's worth it.

·
Just some dude on the net
2,327 Posts

·
Registered
14,867 Posts

·
Just some dude on the net
2,327 Posts
I really like the look of those rip-stop pants, and the price isn't to bad for a TAD product. I'm gonna have to give them a look, thanks for the info Grappler.

·
patriarch
4,809 Posts
Yes, I like my Duluth fire hose pants! Was a great "Christmas" gift a few years back. Some are fleece lined, others are flannel lined.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts