Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not satisfied with the performance of my aluminium hicap Mini-30 mags, some jam freaquently. I am looking to replace them with more reliable mags. Any advise?

·
Premium Member
12,143 Posts
cant help with the mags,but i am curious as to how you like the mini-30?
apologize for being off topic but i had to ask..........

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
I have a couple mini-30, 3o round magazines. Let me see if I can round them up. If I remember right, they were made by USA magazine and are about 10 years old.

cant help with the mags,but i am curious as to how you like the mini-30?
apologize for being off topic but i had to ask..........
I liked my mini-30 a lot. Never had any problems with it - at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The best place to get the mini-14 mag is shotgun news, the origional Ruger mags don't screw up. I have one of the POS one's I got from Cabela's and its straight junk! You can buy police mini's (trade-in's) for $700-ish.

As for my Mini I love it, mine is stainless so it will out last me, now if I can just get the A-Team theme song out of my head everytime I go shoot.

Seriously for grins and giggles try black hills thru a mini and see what you get
:)

B6

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
Triple - K mags are junk. Maybe try Thermold or ProMag

·
Saper Aude
652 Posts
The best place to get the mini-14 mag is shotgun news, the origional Ruger mags don't screw up. I have one of the POS one's I got from Cabela's and its straight junk! You can buy police mini's (trade-in's) for $700-ish.

As for my Mini I love it, mine is stainless so it will out last me, now if I can just get the A-Team theme song out of my head everytime I go shoot.

Seriously for grins and giggles try black hills thru a mini and see what you get
:)

B6
i don't remember the A-team hitting any bad guys, during all those shootouts. lol;)

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Ruger mini-30

Found my Ruger mini-30 mags. And here are the pictures to prove it. These magazine were made by USA magazine. I do not know if USA magazine is still in business. If they are, these magazine have a life time warranty on them. The first set of USA magazine mini-30 mags I bought would jam, so I sent them back and these worked good.

My exwife kept the ruger mini-30 after the divorce. I would love to have another one, but just can not swing it right now.

These are only three of my stash. The others are double sealed in plastic bags, covered in wheel bearing grease. Some of my magazines have been stored, covered in grease for over 10 years now. But that is another thread.

The magazines have been stored unloaded. The 7.62X39 rounds were up in the magazine just for these pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pro Mag has a after market 10 round that works pretty well according to a few folks I know but I havent had a chance to pick one up yet so this info is strictly hearsay.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a stainless 10 rnd Mini-30 mag that feeds quite well. I like it as it is very low profile and does not get in the way like the 30's can in close quarters yet has enough capacity to get the job done in a pinch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts