Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Mark IV Ruger pistols presently. One is a stainless steel Hunter and the other a 22/45 Lite (non-threaded) that I picked up really cheap because they didn't realize it was non-threaded.

I found out, when looking at Tactical Solution uppers for Mark IV's, that both styles of Mark IV can use the same uppers. The uppers (or barrel assembly) is the serialized part of a Ruger Mark IV series pistol. The grip (lower) portion is not serialized and can be purchased without going through an FFL.

Anyway, I decided to test with my two pistols and found that they interchange without and issue and function great.

Who'd a thunk?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I told myself years ago no more 10 round .22 pistols because I have so many and there really isn't any reason manufacturers can't do 15 or more rounds. But damn that MK IV is a beautiful pistol...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I found out, when looking at Tactical Solution uppers for Mark IV's, that both styles of Mark IV can use the same uppers. The uppers (or barrel assembly) is the serialized part of a Ruger Mark IV series pistol. The grip (lower) portion is not serialized and can be purchased without going through an FFL.

Anyway, I decided to test with my two pistols and found that they interchange without and issue and function great.

Who'd a thunk?
Nothing new. All the same with the MKIIs, and possibly the MKI and IIIs..

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I've also done it with MKII's an AMT barrels.
It's really handy if you want to mount a scope on one and use iron sights on another.

·
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, Pac-Lite IV from Tactical Solutions arrived.
Hopefully I will field test tomorrow. :thumb:

I think it will probably stay on the 22/45 but it's nice to have options. :thumb::D:

Attachments

·
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Pad-Lite to the range today and I am very pleased with its performance.
It is a tad heavier than the factory barrel but the balance is still excellent. I didn't try it with the grip from my Hunter, only the 22/45 Lite.

I will probably replace the front sight with a Hi-Viz.

·
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Added a HI-VIZ front sight and Pearce Finger grooves.
Note, you have to trim the Pearce grips completely away from the bolt release, which goes over the top screw hold.

Attachments

·
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Added a HI-VIZ front sight and Pearce Finger grooves.
Note, you have to trim the Pearce grips completely away from the bolt release, which goes over the top screw hold.
Well, got it out to the range, the Hi-Viz was a big improvement.

The Pearce finger grooves as well. The accuracy of the Pac-Lite over the Ruger Lite barrel is not much if any but it will shoot consistently with decent ammo. So far it handles anything but doesn't like one of my magazines. It was acting up a bit anyway so I will tear it apart (the magazine) and polish it up.

I will also polish the chamber and the ramp on the Pac-Lite. I am disappointed the Tactical Solutions did not do that at the factory.

I have a few friends that have .22 suppressors and will have to see if we can try it out with them. This might be the year to get one.

If President Trump gets reelected and the Republican's can hold the Senate and win back the house . . . perhaps the suppressor legislation will get back on track. :confused::rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts