Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I haven't shot one but I have checked one out at GM a few weeks ago. Nice little gun IMHO, it's larger than my LCP but it also chunks out a real 9mm.

I've read both good and bad user reviews on other firearm sites, it may be like most rugers and need a year or so to work out the kinks.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I just bought one today... Shot it many times. It is ultra reliable... Not one failure yet no matter what I feed it.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
I bought one about 6 months ago. I've had a few failure to fire issues.

I've read that there is/was an issue with the firing pin channel getting clogged with metal shavings.

Overall I'm not real happy with it and would suggest something different. I love my LCR in .357 :thumb:

ymmv

·
Registered
22,015 Posts
Its a good gun. Has been reliable in my tests, light, and thin. Yes its 7+1 capacity. If you want 12+ rounds be prepared to have a double stack, and a wider gun profile. It's pocket-carryable. A double-stack won't be.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
They have a history of not liking Golden Sabers (from what I've read). I like the size, but the trigger pull is killing me. I had issues where I couldn't hit anything. I mean, if you had put a barn in front of me, I couldn't have hit it. 1 issue was the trigger pull. I've had to change how I shoot between my XD and it. I also noticed on this last trip that my sites were so loose on the rear end that I could slide the site back and forth. Was not happy...

I've been seriously considering upgrading the gun but when I heard about the new XD single-stack, I decided to just use my LC9 as a stuff gun in the house.

The extra magazines are CRAZY expensive for the LC9 as well, due to supply and demand. I'm talking $45'ish.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am having the same issues... have been debating for months on what to get. I originally bought a XD subcompact 40 to carry, but it is just to big. Don't want to make the same mistake which has keep me from buying the LC9 (I know way smaller than the XD)... like the size of the LCP ... like the looks and size of the S&W Bodyguard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts