Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hunter-gatherer
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at these today and I was wondering if anyone here had any input about them. I like Ruger's guns but I don't know anything about this one. I'm thinking it would be my #1 rifle when the time comes so I want to know if there are any dependability-issues, etc. with it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Just an AR-15 with a short stroke gas piston and a 4 position regulator that is somewhat unique to the Ruger. Gas piston systems are a bit heavier than normal AR's. The FNC had similar system and is well know for being flawlessly reliable. They have a good reputation as far as I know. Never really seen a problem with one but I generally prefer the gas system guns. I can do without their flash hider as I prefer a muzzlebrake/suppressor mount from AAC or Surefire.

In the same price range, I would get a Noveske Rogue Hunter for the same money.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...6rh-556&cat=123&page=1&search=&since=&status=

·
Hunter-gatherer
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an AR-15 with a short stroke gas piston and a 4 position regulator that is somewhat unique to the Ruger. Gas piston systems are a bit heavier than normal AR's. The FNC had similar system and is well know for being flawlessly reliable. They have a good reputation as far as I know. Never really seen a problem with one but I generally prefer the gas system guns. I can do without their flash hider as I prefer a muzzlebrake/suppressor mount from AAC or Surefire.

In the same price range, I would get a Noveske Rogue Hunter for the same money.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...6rh-556&cat=123&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Thanks.

I did a search and started reading some professional reviews. Seems like a good gun. I just started looking at something for a MBR and I've been stuck on the AK. But I've always loved the AR's so I just started checking them out. I have a feeling where I live .223/5.56 is going to be easier to find than 7.62.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
An MBR is not a 5.56 x 45mm system. MBR's use a full size cartridge in the 30 cal class and typically utilize full power cartridges like 308 Win, 30-06 or 7.62 x 54 Russky. G3, FAL, Garand, Nagant, etc.

AR's in 5.56 are mostly carbines. An SPR type, with dual optics and a longer barrel, nicer trigger and suppressor is my personal preference and my handload has nearly identical trajectory of 7.62 Match rounds. Regardless of it's accuracy, it's still a carbine because of it's mediocre power. If you are looking for a good carbine in 5.56mm for urban or rural use, the SR 556 is excellent.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Thank you! So many people are calling AR's and AK's Main Battle Rifles and magazines clips. There are actual terms with specific meanings. Glad to see someone doing a correction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts