Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Ruger!

I just picked up a Ruger made 15 round magazine for my 10/22; BX-15. I don't care if there are other manufacturers out there who've been making them; I prefer brand name and appreciate this.

Just sharing with my fellow NJ gun owners.

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
How come why --- you can buy them there --- and I cant here --

Yet -- you can come here without fear and if I go there -- I'm a felon ?

Congrats & wheres the pic ? ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, not savvy enough with phone to post a pic. I will do it later from my PC. I work in NYC and can't handle the commute from Pennsylvania. I am just glad to have a few extra rounds. And when I do leave the Garden State, I can leave it behind and pick up the BX-25!

·
You're Killin' Me Smalls
9 Posts
Not too long ago I found some 10 round rotary mags at a decent price (don't remember where - Midway?). I decided to get a couple to add to my inventory for my 10/22 takedown. While on the site I saw the BX-15 and BX-25 and thought what the heck and bought one of each instead of the 10 rd mags. I've only run one full load (Remington Golden Bullet 22lr) through each one since receiving them with no feed issues. My issue is this...since I store just about everything for the takedown in the bag that it came with, is the added bulk of the larger mags worth it space wise? And do the added rounds make up for the big thing sticking out of the bottom of the rifle? With the BX-15 you get 5 more rounds but take up triple the space as a 10 rd mag. You more than double the rounds with the BX-25, but with a very big jump in bag space taken up. At the range I can see not wanting to spend more time reloading (though the larger mags can interfere with some bench shooting), but in a real world situation (SHTF, Survival) I'm tending to be just as concerned with space, weight and handling than an extra 5 rounds. Just a few thoughts...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thank you Ruger!

I just picked up a Ruger made 15 round magazine for my 10/22; BX-15. I don't care if there are other manufacturers out there who've been making them; I prefer brand name and appreciate this.

Just sharing with my fellow NJ gun owners.
I picked one of these up at a gun show in Michigan a few months back, when I was there on some personal business.....(I live in IA, originally from MI)

Have yet to see one here in IA.....am hitting a local gun show this weekend, will look there for some. I like the 15 rd.....less cumbersome than the 25 rd.....although I have a few of those, also.

no feed issues for me, per se....although I can say my rifles prefer OEM mags, rather than aftermarket..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In NJ we cannot have more than 15 round mags for our semi-auto's. That extra five might come in handy in a SHTF scenario. Remember folks, I still have to take it out to the range to practice as a law abiding citizen

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Here -- its only a matter of time before uniforms or plain clothes -- start doing spot checks at the ranges :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts