Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yes, great changes come!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. One year ago I would not believe I would write this, bcs sticking with bows and airguns seemed that much simpler. Know a little better now, and have purchased this lovely, light Ruger today and a 12 pump some days before that. Surely adding a bolt, center fire .30 cal very soon, and I think I have almost all I need in this undergunned country [especially thinking of semi autos and such, not normal here].

But, to the point then: My Ruger started off good in the shop testing mags and such, but when I got home and tested the safety I was quite disappointed. It will not go totally to "On"/Safe mode/red ring still visible... I managed to get it there once, but not again. Are there any quick way of fixing this?
I suppose that the store i bought it in could fix it, since they're actually gunsmiths, but I do not want to take the chance that they decide to turn it in to the manufacturer so I have to wait. To be frank I think SHTF quite soon, and would not want to go waiting several weeks :xeye:

This thread is also open for other questions/problems! I searched and could not find a specific one, and I guess everyone owning one would like the most there is to know about such probs, or else unsubscribe to it afterwards.

·
Yes, great changes come!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgive my stating the obvious, but just to cover every base, you do realize the 10/22's safety will only function when the rifle is cocked, yes?

- OS
You, good sir, are the hero of the day! And that on our Constitutional Day. Thank you :)
I would never imagine it being like that, even after reading most of the instruction manual. My PA shotgun [cheap Weatherby] does not exhibit this, having the same safety system, so I quickly became anxious.
A bit safer now, once again.

Thanks to all the others for your willingness to help and suggestions to accessories! That was why I chose it mostly. Sturdiness, lots of expertise on the net and an unfathomable list of extra goodies. I'd like a folding stock perhaps, but I hear there are big differences in quality.. The Krinker Plinker with AK parts could not go wrong, but the price scares me. On the lookout for something used rather.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Equalitor said:
Thanks to all the others for your willingness to help and suggestions to accessories! That was why I chose it mostly. Sturdiness, lots of expertise on the net and an unfathomable list of extra goodies. I'd like a folding stock perhaps, but I hear there are big differences in quality.. The Krinker Plinker with AK parts could not go wrong, but the price scares me. On the lookout for something used rather.
I would recommend the Tapco stock for the 10/22 with sliding buttstock and picatanny rails along it. I am currently looking for a small scope for my rifle or perhaps a red dot...

I have found the 10/22 action a little trick to get used to but now that I have it down it is definitely fine in my book

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I just upgraded my 10/22's stock to an SS Evolution. Wow what a difference this stock makes. I have a scope and with this stock I can reach out to 100 yards and hit what I want from a standing position with relative ease.

The factory stock, black synthetic, was okay. but it just did not fit me right and the butt seemed to swim on my shoulder. While it isn't as compact as a folding stock, I can hit what I want and that means my family can eat. For me the answer is a simple one.

Fair warning, once you change anything on this rifle you may find yourself unable to stop. I can stop anytime I want...but man that ??? is what I really need.

·
I Sleep with my Boots ON!
1,302 Posts
I've got 3 10/22's, one being over 20 years old and still my favorite. I recently bought an SR22 and 10/22 with hammer forged barrel, Hogue stock, Bi-Pod and Nikon 4x32 Rimfire scope (My wifes new Favorite) and love all of them and the results I get with them.

A handful of Butler Creek 25rnd Mags and a Butler Creek speed loader, easy and fun shooting with a great rifle to boot...

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
You, good sir, are the hero of the day! And that on our Constitutional Day. Thank you :)
Glad that's all it was.
I'd like a folding stock perhaps, but I hear there are big differences in quality..
I have the Butler Creek on one of mine, it's very solid lockup, durable, can shoot with it closed. Downside is no cheek weld even when it's extended. Made an URBR (Urban Rodent Battle Rifle) out of this one:

- OS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts