Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i live in ny and theres still the awb in effect. so i can only have two evil features on my gun even a 10/22 other wise its an assault rifle.......anyway i want a folding stock on my ruger so it can fit in my BOB better......the only ones ive seen online like the butler creek also have a pistol grip (no go).....what im looking for is a folder with no psitol grip or a pitol grip that can be removed.......in ny gun stores many of them "pin" collapsable stocks to keep compliant.....i have read online that this is also acceptable to do to folders but its deffiantly in the gray area and makes me nervous thanks for you help

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
If its pinned in the fixed position and is not able to fold unless modified then it doesn't meet the requirement set forth by the AWB.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I find the whole search for a 22lr in bag thing silly. Almost every 22lr gun out there takes 2 screws and 10 seconds to remove or install. Stick with the regular stock and buy a spare set of screws.

When in doubt, make it legal.

Just a little hint, the AWB ban applies to firearms that can readily accept more than 10 round detachable magazines. Get a 22lr with a tube fed feature, like the marlins. Read the law, I think there is a exception clause for rimfire firearms. I am pretty sure the GSG-5 and many 22lr version of the AR come stock into NY with more than 10 round mags.

A firearm hidden in a non-traditional case outside your home is consider a concealed carry weapon, regardless if it's a pistol or not. You need a carry CCW permit in NY for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts