Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Ruger 10/22 Charger. It seems like a great, compact bug out gun coupled with the fact that it fires 22lr and uses the same reliable receiver as the 10/22 but in a smaller package. I can think of a lot of possibilities of how this could be more beneficial than either a rifle or pistol. A happy medium? Anyways what are your guys' thoughts on this set up and maybe a LER scope to throw on top of it? Seems like a winning idea to me!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Picked one up for the grand kids, neat little gun. Stores compactly into a 9X11 soft side case with four magazines. Kids love it, no heavy gun to lift, just move the grip from side-to-side to get on target.

·
Banned
985 Posts
I bought one about 4 months ago...added a bushnell red dot, a sling stud above handgrip and with my Suppressor it is a fun little package.....accuracy is good and it runs like a champ...I also have a 22/45 with a threaded Paclite upper so Suppressor does double duty...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ruger charger

I have one of the original ruger chargers. Great gun compact size for rucksack and still big enough to hit targets out to 100 meters. You can't go wrong with this gun.

·
swamp rat
2,533 Posts
Green Mountain makes a nice fluted barrel for the Charger that has iron sights for $178.00. Its probably lighter than the factory barrel too. Paclite also makes barrels for 10/22 and 20/22 takedown model. I don't know if they make one specifically for the Charger or with iron sights.

·
swamp rat
2,533 Posts
I don't think that you sacrifice much in accuracy or velocity with a 10" barrel rather than a 16" 10/22 barrel. The Charger weighs 1.5 pounds less than the 10/22 TD. A single point sling takes some getting used to as well, but not an insurmountable obstacle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts