Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Great Idea.

Do you use the cans regularly and replace what you use? I'm single and have TONS of space in my kitchen and house, but something like this would improve my rotating.

·
Non semper erit aestas.
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Idea.

Do you use the cans regularly and replace what you use? I'm single and have TONS of space in my kitchen and house, but something like this would improve my rotating.
Grevlin, yes that is the idea. I think a lot of us could improve our rotating - if it's easier, we're more likely to do it.

On foodstoragemadeeasy.net (a bit girly, but tons of very good info) there are plans/explanations of how to make a rotating can holder thing, out of a sturdy box. Won't hold 500 cans like the one on the video, but if you have several on a shelf, you can have more cans that way, and keep the new ones at the back, with the old ones to the front.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,639 Posts
Outstanding idea. Since I moved into this smaller house, it's been a nightmare trying to store my foods. Now I have ideas popping out all over the place! Thanks for posting this.

·
Tough Chick
2,981 Posts
I'm looking at that foodstoragemadeeasy and I really like that cardboard can rotating rack. I think that is a carpentry project I could even possibly master.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
We built one like this several weeks ago.

The only difference is that we put it in my little sewing/craft/food storage room. Hubby put a counter top on it that we salvaged so I can lay out projects on it. We also used the metal type dry wall corners instead of the plastic type for the runners. They were a little more expensive, but are sturdier.

Wanted to add that it only took us about 4 or 5 hours to complete.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts