Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I'm completely new to the survivaling thing but it something i really want to learn. Thats why I'm going to france for a couple of weeks and walk throught the forests and landscapes of france from the north to the south. but i've never been camping or survivaling and i was hoping if you guys could give some tips in what kind of stuff i need to pack and take with me. (like compass, knife what kind of food etc) what is really important and how can i travel as light as possible.

I really hope you guys can help me out,

thanks a lot

Croc

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dag!

Croc, I am excited for you. I lived in The Netherlands in the 1990s and really enjoyed your country. I just visited Amsterdam for 3 weeks in Feb 2011. I have always liked everything the urban environment has to offer but am also concerned about living so close to so many people! To answer your question;
I would make sure you have a way to purify water (small filter). Shelter (small tent or tarp). A good knife. A good head-lamp (flashlight). A small backpack. Appropriate clothing for the season. Sufficient food for the duration of your trip. And lastly, a small first aid medical kit. Then ask yourself, what is your objective for the trip to France? Do you just want to become confident in the wild? Or do you want to try to forage? You should set some realistic goals for this trip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all for the reply,

because its the first time i dont want to have to big of a goal so i want travel by foot and stay couple of days in the woods then couple of days in town and so on. I was wondering how much weight can i take max with me and what kind of food should i take with me?

thnx in advance

·
Registered
85 Posts
The weight you can carry is something you decide yourself, we do not know how strong or well trained you are.

The amount of food you should take with you is also based on what it is you want to achieve. Do you want to walk just for fun in the forest then you need to make sure you get in what you burn (this also depends on your own body), do you want to create a more realistic experience then under feed yourself and eat less then you burn. Beside that it also depends on if you will be gathering food in the area and what type(s) of food.

·
Registered
313 Posts
welcome from israel . great forum with awesome guys , there is a lot to learn here.

im now in israel but i grew up in the alsace region ( on the german border ). i know well the region ( i also know how to survive in Paris and in the mediterranean bay) so if you need some help on survival in these areas , ask me wathever you want

·
When in hell, keep walkin
217 Posts
Welcome from Mijdrecht :)
Always good to see more dutch people around here.

I think it is important for you to start correctly. In your case i would take enough stuff with you. Being Bear Grills or any other survivalist requires practice.

I would start with a 60 liter backpack. In this way you limit yourself in the amount of stuff that you can take, resulting in a lower weight, while still have enough room to take stuff with you.

Being out there you can practice you skill so next time you can take less with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MMS

een paar druppels MMS in slootwater en je kunt 't drinken... :xeye:

You can order MMS at biovion in Zoetermeer. Just a few drops will detox you, save you from a snake bite, purify your water, cure you of malaria, etc. etc. etc. Every surivalist should have a least a tiny bottle of it (and every true prepper should know how to make it from raw chemicals, i think).

A mosquito net!!! It not only keeps flies and mosquitos away, it allows for proper sleeping and keeps anything from snakes to scorpions from entering your sleeping bag.
A hammock is also good.

If you wished to survive 2012, though, i'd suggest you make your way to La Gomera in the Canary Islands instead of going to France. Scope the high regions of the island that the mega tsunamis aren't going to destroy come 2012...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts