Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=582#more-582
(GO READ THE WHOLE THING--ABOVE)

The Libertarian Party Candidate admonished me for “remaining neutral” in the presidential race and not stating whom I will vote for in November. It’s true; I have done exactly that due to my respect and friendship and support from both the Constitution and Libertarian Party members. I remain a lifetime member of the Libertarian Party and I’m a ten-term Republican Congressman. It is not against the law to participate in more then one political party. Chuck Baldwin has been a friend and was an active supporter in the presidential campaign.

I continue to wish the Libertarian and Constitution Parties well. The more votes they get, the better. I have attended Libertarian Party conventions frequently over the years.

In some states, one can be on the ballots of two parties, as they can in New York. This is good and attacks the monopoly control of politics by Republicans and Democrats. We need more states to permit this option. This will be a good project for the Campaign for Liberty, along with the alliance we are building to change the process.

I’ve thought about the unsolicited advice from the Libertarian Party candidate, and he has convinced me to reject my neutral stance in the November election. I’m supporting Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Me too. :)

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
I wonder how a seemingly intelligent guy like you can be so...not intelligent sometimes...:confused:
I think it stems from the fact that any votes siphoned off to anyone other than McCain will increase obama's chances. Never mind that there are people who will NOT vote for the lesser of two evils. Like the little bulldog that just can't seem to let it go, he must enter every thread about RP just to remind everyone that RP no longer is one the ticket, Sad really. :rolleyes:

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I wonder how a seemingly intelligent guy like you can be so dumb sometimes...:confused:
Since none of the petty candidates have the even the remotest chance of winning, it is a pawn endorsing a pawn... He might as well endorse Daffy Duck for all the difference it will make. This is not to say he is not a good man with good ideas. The point is he is not in the race that counts and that HIS fault. Not the press, not the polls, not the voters. Paul is piddling because that's all he did. He did not start early enough, he did not plan for a well-mounted third party campaign should he not do well, he did not craft his message well, and he doesn't understand what it takes to win.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
This is not to say he is not a good man with good ideas.
That's the point. He is a good man with good ideas. He is so much better than either Obama or McCain and yet he was squeezed out unfairly early in the race. He was never given a fighting chance by the media.

I watched the debates and I couldn't believe how crappy and unfairly he was treated.

Now, listen to him speak and tell me that he is pawn:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Like it or not, unfair or not, vote third party and live with whatever supreme court justices Obama appoints for the rest of their natural lives, as well as all the damage he will bring once in power. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking this way, but my high horse is a three legged nag. I think maybe sometimes more people should realize this and climb down and try to get something real accomplished. Just my thought's on the matter.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Like it or not, unfair or not, vote third party and live with whatever supreme court justices Obama appoints for the rest of their natural lives, as well as all the damage he will bring once in power. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking this way, but my high horse is a three legged nag. I think maybe sometimes more people should realize this and climb down and try to get something real accomplished. Just my thought's on the matter.
What makes you think something won't get accomplished if obama is elected? IMO, it will take about 10 days to figure out just what a mistake that was and THEN maybe we can get our republic back.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
McCain's choice of Palin made me rethink my 3rd party (or Ron Paul) vote. I like Palin for the most part, but her seeming endorsement of going after Iran and Russia told me she's on board with the "good ol' boys" she's always talking about. Besides that, she'll only be VP.

I've decided I'm not going with the lesser of two any more. Though a third party won't win, increasing numbers will work to encourage American voters in the future, and even if Ron Paul got majority write-in vote, he wouldn't take the presidency.

Therefore I'll be voting Chuck Baldwin. Our NEXT dirtbag president, whether McCain or Obama won't be on MY hands.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is a pawn endorsing a pawn...
"Pawn" would be a more accurate description of McCain or Obama. Led by the money they work for, the phony two-party system they've been endorsed by, and the media who prolongs the idea that these are the only two viable candidates.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts