Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
otard looks worried or bothered. I think Romney has also said he would open up drilling during his campaigning.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
RE Obama's pictures: Being President ages a guy. You see that with all the modern Presidents, it's like "Before" and "After" pictures except switched around and covering ten years or so. Frankly, Obama's not doing too badly, looks-wise...

RE Keystone: What's really holding up the pipeline is all those farmers whose lands would have to be taken to build it, and their fears that a pipe break and oil spill (coughBP/the Gulfcough) would contaminate surface water and destroy what's left. They've joined with environmentalists to fight all the plans that have been put forward so far and promise to take the whole thing to court and tie the project up for decades if the government tries to ram it down their throats. But of course if you care more for the profits of Big Oil than for American farmers...

·
U.S. Air Force Veteran
3,968 Posts
Apparently Reagan had it all wrong...

In this current situation and all others, the government IS the solution to our problems. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Romney will keep this promise after he loses. The free market is always an option.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Big words coming from a rich politician.

yep big words..... they came from Kennedy, FDR, and several others.....to include washginton as well.. so why is money the evil to you.....?

ahh... the argument of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth.... that is gonna come up sooner or later.... but the fact is his dad did make a success of himself and why that is an evil thing is beyond me....

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,794 Posts
What he should have said is, "I'll use government eminent domain to take land from private individuals for less than it's worth and give it to private foreign corporate interests so they can build a pipeline across the mid-west that will make it easier for them to export oil to countries other than the United States."

Because that's what he meant.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
yep big words..... they came from Kennedy, FDR, and several others.....to include washginton as well.. so why is money the evil to you.....?

ahh... the argument of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth.... that is gonna come up sooner or later.... but the fact is his dad did make a success of himself and why that is an evil thing is beyond me....
I think the word you missed is politician. I couldn't give a crap if he is rich or broke as EVERY politician is a liar. I will bet bet your entire wealth that he does not follow through with this statement IF he gets elected.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Shifty Mit says whatever he thinks people want to hear. Simple as that. Next he'll be promising world peace and a cure for cancer. Whatever it takes to get elected.
They ALL say whatever they think their supporters want to here . They ALL do/say whatever it takes to get elected .

I think it's messed up that when Romney says something positive , some people jump all over him and just assume he's lying .
Why would he not get it done ? It's a no brainer - the pipeline should be built ! Why would he be against building it ?
Some of you are waaaay too cynical !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts