Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of discussion on the AR vs AK argument, and have thought a lot about if I could only carry one rifle which one would it be. So to make things clear I am choosing only from what I currently own, and I won't list my collection as there are to many to be bothered. I prefer to be able to reach LONG range (1000 yards) but would l a good battle rifle as well, this left me with only one choice, the Romanian Tiger. It will reach 1000 years, although is very difficult after 800, and it is built off of the AK design. As far as power is concerned the 7.62x54R is ballisticly similar the the 30-06 so it is a solid performing round. I have a more than ample supply of ammo for every gun I own, and for the Tiger I have 300 Russian Sniper rounds and a little less than 1500 lower quality ammo. The round was a major concern but, if the SHTF and another country was to occupy America then it is likely that there will be ammo brought in (for those that are going to worry about that) since many countries still use it in their machine guns and in their sniper weapons.

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have kicked in doors for real and I don't care what weapon I have I would prefer to be anywhere but in a building. OAL is manageable, it is only 4 inches longer than my Remington. Besides no one gun will be best for every situation, I have chosen one that I feel does well in as many as possible.

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is far from the best gun for CQB I admit, but I do carry a pistol if I absolutely HAD to go into a building.

·
Who Watches the Watchmen?
7,204 Posts
omg CUPID THIS IS THE WO.. nah just kidding.

I am saddened people said you were stupid for making a great post about a great gun.

Next time they do that tell us bud.

Have fun shooting.!

Reactions: cupid0311

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
I also dont have a problem for close quarters with any of these rifles....you do have to adjust your pie slices alittle.But i still have no problem jamming my barrel into thier chest and driving them to the floor with force or a bullet.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I see a lot of discussion on the AR vs AK argument, and have thought a lot about if I could only carry one rifle which one would it be. So to make things clear I am choosing only from what I currently own, and I won't list my collection as there are to many to be bothered. I prefer to be able to reach LONG range (1000 yards) but would l a good battle rifle as well, this left me with only one choice, the Romanian Tiger. It will reach 1000 years, although is very difficult after 800, and it is built off of the AK design. As far as power is concerned the 7.62x54R is ballisticly similar the the 30-06 so it is a solid performing round. I have a more than ample supply of ammo for every gun I own, and for the Tiger I have 300 Russian Sniper rounds and a little less than 1500 lower quality ammo. The round was a major concern but, if the SHTF and another country was to occupy America then it is likely that there will be ammo brought in (for those that are going to worry about that) since many countries still use it in their machine guns and in their sniper weapons.
I have competed in 1000 meter Military Service Rifle Meets over the years and The percentage of people that can actually and consistantly hit a target at 1000 Meters is not high. It takes practice, a well balanced and tuned firearm, and disipline. I have know of a couple of times the 7.62x54R being used in these meets and one time placed by someone using an SVT-40.
No disrespect meant but saying you want a 1000 yard gun and actually being able to use its potential are not the same.
Personally by hand loading I have found the 7.62x54R to be as accurate and on par with the best handloads of .308 and 3006.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts