Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear the WASR-10 is a piece of garbage, so I've been looking at the SAR-1 and I'm wondering is it an AK of good quality or is it a piece of shiz like the WASR-10?

·
смерть н
3,823 Posts
So I hear the WASR-10 is a piece of garbage, so I've been looking at the SAR-1 and I'm wondering is it an AK of good quality or is it a piece of shiz like the WASR-10?
I have a 2001 SAR-1. The are well ahead of the WASR-10's in fit and finish. Mine was very well made and shot very little when I got it. They made less of them and the one's they did make were better than the WASR's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Sar `1 is a far better gun. I am retired Army ( Medically) and I have been collecting Submachineguns, MG's & semi's for years. The WASR was orignally a 10rd AK47. After all the SAR 1's sold out they dremilled the wasr's out to except the 20 7 30rd mags. I still have a wasr for shotting and blasting. I got a deal on it in a trade. AK's have a dimple on each side of the magwell for keeping the mag from swaying. The wasr's do not. If you buy one make sure to sceck magwell with a mag before buying. Good Luck.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,674 Posts
One of my AKs is a SAR-1. It has been a good gun all around. Decent build quality, no problems of any kind.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
They are both AKs, so neither are very fancy. I don't know the SAR but I do have a WASR. The WASR has become my go to gun. I shoot it well and it has never failed me. I can hit fast with it. Yes the mag wobbles a bit. No big deal. It just works. Best advice I think is only buy one if you can inspect it first. Century is not known for quality control. Get a good one and your golden. Get a bad one and pull out your hair. Personally I would just get a new Saiga and either convert or have it converted by someone like Red Jacket. I like new unfired. How to convert is found here.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

You can convert to a regular AK with better parts like a saw grip or just convert the mag to regular AK mags (parts cost 20 dollars and takes minutes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts