Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thank you very much
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to purchase a romanian ak 47 SAR 1 with less than 400 rounds through it. It has a chrome lined barrel, 5 tapco mags, 190 rounds of silver bear non corrosive, and a red dot sight. Also has synthetic furniture.

The price is 550. Is this a good deal, or should I pass?

·
skogbeskytter
911 Posts
Would ask how much without the 5 worthless Tapco mags

550 is high last I checked, last used one I saw was 425 with 2 steel mags .

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea, the TAPCO mags are worthless. I own four and can only seem to get 22-26rds in it, and continuous problems while shooting.
I would say $20 for each mag, so about $100 needs to come off of that price, BUT I'm not sure what kind of red dot sight or mount it is, so it could be WELL worth that price depending on the sight and mount and he might just be throwing in the mags just 'cause.
A SAR-1 should run around $450. The sight could easily be worth $100, and with a $40 side mount... so who knows you might be getting a deal, best thing would be to look up the type of sight and mount it has and go from there.

Reactions: Shaz

·
skogbeskytter
911 Posts
Trash, locking lugs on AK mags must be steel.

Stick with combloc steel & Bulgarian circle 10.

$100

Missed the red dot what kind?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Is the SAR 1 a good gun?
It's much better than a WASR-10 as far as "hit or miss" quality. The SAR's tend to have a little more attention to detail, so I wouldn't see a reason not to buy it especially at a good price. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Reactions: Shaz

·
Thank you very much
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I currently have a wasr 10. Would the parts be interchangeable?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I have the chance to purchase a romanian ak 47 SAR 1 with less than 400 rounds through it. It has a chrome lined barrel, 5 tapco mags, 190 rounds of silver bear non corrosive, and a red dot sight. Also has synthetic furniture.

The price is 550. Is this a good deal, or should I pass?
The ammo is fine.
The gun is fine but the price is too high for me.
The red dot? May be a $20 BSA or a $400 Trijicon. It is what it is.
The mags? Junk but they'll work long enough to get some decent steel or at least steel lined mags.

Personally, if it's face to face and you know the guy/want to help a friend out, go for it.

I'd find a friendly local FFL and purchase something directly from Classic Arms and save a few bucks.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,674 Posts
The SAR 1 is generally a pretty good gun. I have one, myself. But that's a high price for one.

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,191 Posts
I would buy it for $450. The red dot is worthless because if it was a good red dot he wouldnt be selling it at that price(confirm the make if you want but its prolly trash) and who wants to put a crappy red dot on a firearm. Use iron sights or get a good optic.

THe mags are trash, as others have said. Tapco products generally are not very good, in my opinion. Soo...with all that said and done, you can get a brand new Romanian for around $450 and since his is used knock $50 off but he is throwing the ammo in so I'd go for it for $400-450. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts