Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Too bad as the latest WASR imports have been top notch quality.
You simply can't get a better, more reliabile & durable 'one rifle' platform for under $600

If I didn't have a rifle and was looking I would grab one while you can.
Add a six-pack of surplus mags and a case of quality ammo and your set :thumb:

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I bet the greedy LGS's and on-line retailers are jacking their prices as we speak. But, I've seen (also banned from import) Russian Saiga's recently going around $500 delivered, and converted one's for only $600 or so, and these have a much better reputation among AK afficianados, so I don't think the market will bear any substantive price increase on the WASR's, at least not for a while.
The high volume of these currently on the used market should also keep prices down.

Thanks; appreciate it
You coulda just clicked the 'thanks' button, it's what it's there for ;).

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm a bit confused about this news. My understanding was that the cheap WASR 10/63 is a mil surp parts kit that Century builds out with US parts to comply to US law. This news seems to refer to new production higher end semi auto export rifles. Two different things, right?

As for the bigger picture, it's interesting to note that despite sanctions and everything else, there is still cheap new production ammo coming into the US. Even my local Walmart seems reasonably stocked on the new Tulammo 762x39 packaged stuff.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
I'm a bit confused about this news. My understanding was that the cheap WASR 10/63 is a mil surp parts kit that Century builds out with US parts to comply to US law. This news seems to refer to new production higher end semi auto export rifles. Two different things, right?.
Yep, but the parts pool for the 10/63 ran out long ago on the Romanian end. Haven't seen a "new" 10/63 in a long time.

As far as WASR 10, though they are all new construction from Cugir plant in Romania from the gitgo, Century still has to change a number of parts for the 922r compliance. AFAIK, they are still made as single stack receiver for import purposes and Century still has to change that too.

- OS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts