House length: 19′ Main Room: 6 ½’ x 6 ½’
Trailer Size: 7′ x 18′ Kitchen: In main room
Road Height: 13′ 5″ Bathroom: 3′ x 6′
Dry Weight: 5400 lbs Ceiling height: 6′ 3″
all measurements are approximate Loft height: 3′ 8″

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I have seen these before and I do think they look super cool. I would much rather be in one of these than a mobile home or trailer. I can't help wonder how much they weigh tho??

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dry Weight: 5400 lbs

Better have a good transmission and a big V8.

Reactions: Crutch

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
This cabin, however cool, is a VERY BAD IDEA. I've seen even bigger, and it doesn't make it any less crazy. Wood is heavy, durable, and cheap. However gas is more expensive. You would be better off pulling an aluminum trailer that doesn't destroy your truck, then this.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All true but if I had land I'd be tempted to drag one up and put in on blocks. No way could I build something that nice.

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
All true but if I had land I'd be tempted to drag one up and put in on blocks. No way could I build something that nice.
You can buy enough materials for a real house for a little more than that. Nothing fancy of course, but you can have decent square footage, garage, and basement.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
$46,000 for a 117sqft house ARE THEY NUTS???!!!

OOOOHHH!!! Wait, its a California based company. That explains everything!!!!

Seriously, though I would consider buying there plans and bulding one of there larger homes.

Rifleman 336

·
SURVIVOR
1,089 Posts
those are pretty cool..ive seen small roadside mom$pop businesses ran out of these. I for sure wouldn't pay the money for 1 of them! permitting that you already had a good open car trailor, you might get away with only payin around $1000 or more. rather than wood, there are lightweight alternatives out there too. it can't be that hard, all you need are a few construction savy friends & a couple weekends worth of cold beer & your good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
they are cute and that is as far as it goes!

they are NOT built for comfort.

try sitting on a rainy day at that table 16 hours! or in bed? try making that bed! oy vey! what a nightmare!!!!

I didn't see any heat or cooling system... no generator to go off grid!

It would be better to go buy a Toy Hauler (Toy Box), remove the table and couches, put in two comfy chairs, keep the beds rolled up to the roof (assuming you get the front bathroom and no separate bedroom) and put a bed in the back!

one type of floor plan
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?page=floor&choice=worknp&nav=rec

another type
http://www.carsonrv.com/showroom/Thor-California/Vortex/Toy-Hauler-Travel-Trailers.aspx#floorplans

there are many different styles.. buying one used at 24' and up starting around $7k.

if you want cute... put up pretty siding!

as I said earlier, removing the couches which sleeps 2 each, in the back are beds that roll down.. some are double some are queen and they sleep 2 each.. some have a front bedroom some don't.. but remember making the bed and changing sheets... nightmare!

Put in your favorite comfy chairs, a TV, and turn it into a studio apartment! refrigerator, microwave, stove, bath, contained, generator, a/c and heating! how can you go wrong?

·
Prophet
1,261 Posts
Tumbleweed has a library of videos on utube.

or this:

cheap to build yourself.... hard to find a cheap place to park it.

peace
al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts