Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roger Ebert recently wrote this diatribe about the current issues facing the world: "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold" - http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2008/12/things_fall_apart_the_centre_c.html

Here is an excerpt:
The Amish can grow their own food and heat their own homes and feed their own horses, and where does that leave us? Many of my readers right now are living in the middle of vast urban areas, 50 miles from farmland. One partner has been laid off, the other fears the same. There are children and mortgage payments. What will they do on the level of survival? I've been reading a memoir by Larry Woiwode, who farms his own land in North Dakota and may not have foreseen disaster but seems prepared to deal with it.​

I think he is spot-on with many of his observations. The next 20 years are going to be very interesting. I hope that at least some of us can be prepared for whatever happens.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The link takes you to an article about Facebook's problem with lactating mothers. Is this a switcheroo on their part? Or did you just paste the wrong link?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts