Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Anyone familiar with this gun? Do you own one? Have you shot one? Can you compare it to an AR-15?

http://www.robarm.com/

I have a level of interest in this weapon, and it seems to have a bit of a niche/cult following due to its ability to change calibers in 50 seconds and all the picatinny rails all over the place.

at any rate, I would really love to hear from people who have first hand experience on why they are better or worse than an AR-15/M4 setup.

Thanks.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
17 views no comments? No one knows anything about this rifle, or ???

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Seems pricey.

If I remember right, it's a gas piston system. So, that's pretty good. But so is an AK and it don't cost $1500.

Reactions: Rutger and Sweeper

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seems pricey.

If I remember right, it's a gas piston system. So, that's pretty good. But so is an AK and it don't cost $1500.
AK reliability in a AR15-type format? $1500 seems cheap as long as the parts are top notch. Accuracy and reliability are like opposites in the assault rifle world.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
The Sig 556 is still cheaper and accomplishes both things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking smack about the XCR as I don't know a whole lot about them. I'd be interested to hear from someone who does own one though.

Reactions: Rutger

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SIG 556 is prohibited in Canada. XCR is perfectly legal. I could hunt squirrels or moose with it.

The Sig 556 is still cheaper and accomplishes both things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking smack about the XCR as I don't know a whole lot about them. I'd be interested to hear from someone who does own one though.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
SIG 556 is prohibited in Canada. XCR is perfectly legal. I could hunt squirrels or moose with it.
Really? What's their reasoning behind banning the Sig but allowing the XCR?

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 1992 the liberal government literally looked through a current cataloge of modern arms, and circled everything that looked "to have a military or paramilitary appearance" and arbitrarily prohibited them.

This is how the AK-47 was made illegal, but the nearly identical Valmet-78 was perfectly legal! Well, that and the year prior (1991) the federal government gave away 10,000 valmet's to the norther natives and inut as hunting and polar bear protection.

Stupid!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I personnel own an XCR and an AR-15 and think that XCR is a better design with addition features that you cannot get with an AR or Sig.

The rails are built into the upper thereby having a free-floating barrel.

The ability to change calibers is got to be the most impressive feature as I have yet to see any other rifle that can change its barrel as fast or as easy.

You also have several different options as to what type of stock you want mounted from a plain skeleton stock to a folding stock or a folding collapsible stock.

The XCR has taken the best ideals from several different rifle designs (FAL, FNC AR and AK) and merged then into one rife.

·
Grumpy Old Curmudgeon
341 Posts
I see a LOT of "proprietary" parts on this thing.

Looks like a failure in the field would leave you with a $1500 CLUB and no readily available spare parts.

I'll stick to my lousy AR15.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As with any rifle you should have replacements parts on hand for common items that are likely to break, if it breaks then you just need to replace the broken parts.

You can order parts for the rifle right on Robinson Arms web page. There are no special tools need to replace parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts