Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish Santa would bring me these three rifles:

Remington Model 700™ SPS™ Youth 308 Win

Ruger Hawkeye All Weather 308

Ruger Frontier 308

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
HO, HO, HO, you'll shoot your eye out kid!

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Santa brought me a Ruger 10/22 and lots of ammo lol. He might even let me treat my self to a kel tec su16 after Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I finagled a 10/22 my self, two days ago. That thing shoots much better than the others I have shot. The iron sites are on at 40/50 yards. No adjustment needed. Except 40+ year old eyes only like about 50 feet.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
why the SPS™ Youth 308 Win ?

had to break the 777 before you got in trouble :)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why the SPS™ Youth 308 Win ?

had to break the 777 before you got in trouble :)
Even though I'm 6'3", I like small easy carrying, quick handling carbines.

I have always liked iron sights, especially peeps, but I always new my eyes would eventually age and gravitate towards scopes.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Why Kaj, that's the most sensible post I've heard from you since....well since forever!

My vote is for you to get any of those 308 rifles, prederably in bolt action, which is my own "ideal" of a medium to long range rifle.

Tom (AKA da Hippie)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why Kaj, that's the most sensible post I've heard from you since....well since forever!

My vote is for you to get any of those 308 rifles, prederably in bolt action, which is my own "ideal" of a medium to long range rifle.

Tom (AKA da Hippie)
Merry Christmas to you to! Sorry, I Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Merry Christmas Is all I say...to all of you gun clinging religious fanatics!
Now get to Church! :D:

I got no rifle this year. :xeye:

But the wife did secure an Armscor 1911 for me in Philippines.

Geez......... That's all PI needs; another ex-jarhead walking around Cavite with a .45.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
No long guns for me for Christmas this year but I did buy a S&W Sigma 9mm for $327 and that includes the $10 background check and Tennessee sales tax. Then you have the option of a $50 rebate or two 16 round magazines. I chose the two mags.
Academy Sports has them on sale. People were buying them two and three at a time while we were there. They also had 40 cal. for the same price.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I had to play the role of santa in the green cabinet department. Got myself another burris fullfield II scope. Post, santa not sure. another 30-30, maybe springfield M6 410/22 or savage, maybe sks or 308 something.... Not sure If I really need the semi another 30-30 would be very handy, but might change my mind after I can't get them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts