Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it can be mil surp but i already have a mosin, k98, and an enfield.

i am looking for a nice gift idea. limit on presents or present is 200 this year alot higher than others years but thats the rules from the parents.

i figured a decent rifle or shotgun might be nice to add. it can be anything and everything i just need a few suggestions.

·
Doomsayer
4,048 Posts

This was selling for $159.00 last month at ****'s Sporting Goods.

New England Arms

12 gauge pump home defense 5 shot capacity.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a nice home defense gun i will keep that in mind. like i said it could be any gun from a .22 to other calibers.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I'm waiting for one of the Local Academy Sports stores to get more Mossberg Maverick 88 Security 12 guage pump shotguns back in stock. They run about $157 or so, and I've yet to dig up a bad word about them.
My freinds and I have been using riot guns for skeet shooting for years, and if they're good enough to consistently nail skeet, they're good enough for birds,squirrels,rabbits,etc. And their efficiency as HD weapons has been well established.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does anyone own a H&R Survivor it looks like a cool survival rifle it shoots a .410 and 45. might be a good survival rifle and a fun plinker.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maverick 88 is about the best you can do with your price range on a new in box gift.

Just start looking around at the used rack at the gun shops. Tell them you have $150 to spend and work from there :thumb: . We really can't tell you what to get when the price is so low, your going to have to do some leg work on this one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright thanks for the advice guys i will check the gun rack out and see if i can get a deal and i will post pics in a few weeks.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Mossberg Maverick 88 is usually under $200

Reactions: Maverick88

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mossberg Maverick 88 is usually under $200
That's about right for you basic maverick Khan. I've never seen a used maverick 88 on the shelf..... I wonder what they would go for used? I suppose nobody can get enough for one to want to sell it for what it is. I'd imagine that a used one would be around $100 or a little more because from what I've seen a new one tends to be from $175- $225 from what I've seen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi-Point 995 carbine, I just brought one for $199.95, they can be found for $179 online. They are 9mm, lifetime unconditional warrenty, and look sweet when you put the ATI stock on them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2nd the Hi Point 9mm carbine, got my for $167 at local store, most fun gun to shoot out of the 7 I have. Chinese SKS that I bought 7 months ago for $130 but now hard to find under $200

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
if they have no shotgun then that is what they need . GREAT home def. and can be use for any type of hunting they desire :thumb:

if they do maybe a .22 would be good every1 needs to have a .22 in the safe :)

get what you can and spend the rest on ammo.is the person you are buying for a starting surviialist? if so maybe $200 in ammo for the weapons they have. but every home needs a pump shotgun that would probably be the better gift. if they dont have one already.

·
Registered
645 Posts
if they have no shotgun then that is what they need . GREAT home def. and can be use for any type of hunting they desire :thumb:

if they do maybe a .22 would be good every1 needs to have a .22 in the safe :)

get what you can and spend the rest on ammo.is the person you are buying for a starting surviialist? if so maybe $200 in ammo for the weapons they have. but every home needs a pump shotgun that would probably be the better gift. if they dont have one already.
now that, is some exelent advice. If they don't have a shotgun get that, if they do see if they have a .22. Now if they have all the ammo they need then get together with the family and make a group purchase for a FN-FAL, LOL

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I found a maverick 88 at a pawn shop for $125 used and in really nice shape.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts