Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I received a much-anticipated package from Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics (http://www.rifledynamics.com/) in Nevada. My newly converted Saiga 12-gauge shotguns have returned, now restored to the proper Kalashnikov pattern...

I can't wait to see the 7.62mm AK Jim is building for me when it's finished! :supergrin:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice really nice wow. I have been looking at these on the net for awhile now would like to have one. I like the barrel on yours much better then what Im seeing from the facotory.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I tell you since I saw these pictures I have been looking at this now hard. I like to have a shotgun that is an auto loader and this is what I would really like to have. I have a 20ga winchester and would like to replace it with something like the Saiga. Im adding it to the wish list.

How much are the mags and how many come with the gun. Also what barrel did you use as I really think that sells it to me.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are the mags and how many come with the gun. Also what barrel did you use as I really think that sells it to me.
Only one 5-round Russian factory box magazine comes with the shotgun. Spares run anywhere from $40 to $50 and suffer the same sluggish import flow as the guns themselves. Fortunately, through a recent US-Taiwan colaboration, quality aftermarket Taiwanese 5-rounders are now on the market and run about $20 to $25; they are plentiful. (Try One Source Tactical or Keep Shoting.com for some.) The Russian factory 8-round tactical magazines (like the one in the top S12 with the Kobra sight) -- which many Saiga enthusiasts say is the optimal magazine for the 12-gauge -- are more rare than hen's teeth, and if you unearth one expect to pay at least $120 for it in the US. AGP continues domestic production of its 2nd-generation 10-round mag for the S12, comparable in price, slightly wider, about an inch longer, and somewhat less robust. (I think they're OK for the range and such, but a lot of S12 guys dis the AGPs, and I'd definitely prefer factory mags if I had to defend my life with this gun...) Lastly, there are at least two US made 20-round drums for this shotgun available at stupid prices in excess of $300 or $400, which many find fun to shoot but clearly have no serious practical tactical or defensive application -- except in future Hollywood movies... :upsidedown:

The barrels on both of the guns pictured are the factory 19-inchers, unmodified save for a new rust-resistant finish of flat black Norell's Moly Resin over Parkerizing; what might look different is the silhouette of the Russian-made Izhmash tactical rail forend, which differs subtly from the hokey checkered one that comes standard on all versions of the Saiga.

I like these guns. A lot. :thumb:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just bought a 12 saiga today and was looking at conversins could you tell me what it cost and the turnaround !!!!
In the ball park of $350 to $500 per gun depending on exactly what you're supplying and your choice of finish. Jim tools up and does runs of Saiga 12 conversions a couple dozen at a time, so turnaround can be quite swift, but he probably won't do another run before the end of the year. I'd contact him ASAP, get on "the list" and then shoot your unconverted S12 until it's time to send it to him for the job. His work is superb, and he's very good to work with. I am 100% satisfied with my conversions.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Thanks for sharin your pics. Fine lookin shotguns. I would love to hear more about your "7.62mm AK" as well.:)

11B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts