Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
Coronavirus approx. 3000 dead worldwide. This seasons flu over 18000 dead in the US alone. just saying....
This is just getting started, The year's not over yet, You can start crowing about how many are dead then.

Reactions: Watchingtheweasels

·
prepared for life & death
2,469 Posts
This is just getting started, The year's not over yet, You can start crowing about how many are dead then.
Not crowing just not buying into all the media scare hype. Remember SARS, Ebola, West Nile, bird flu, swine flu, mad cow, etc. It's an election year, gotta scare and distract people somehow. Media frenzy is good at what it does.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Very learned guest on Coast to Coast am overnight radio indicates that this virus could very well be a precursor to WW3. ...
This is much more likely a precursor to the initiation of a rebuilding of our pharmaceutical production capacity including antibiotics and myriad other medicines that we have given over to the Chinese People's Republic. The nearsighted policies of previous administrations and greed of companies has us at China's mercy with 95% of our antibiotics and 80% of our medicine produced in China.

Due to the leftist news media politicizing the coronavirus in order to attack President Trump, the implications of this virus have been exaggerated in order to instill fear and panic into the population.

Unlike AIDS, EBOLA, and MERS the contraction of coronavirus is NOT a death sentence. In fact, most cases are mild and I suspect that there are tens of thousands of people in the United States who have already had or have coronavirus, but are unaware of it due to the mild symptoms.

Like the flu the elderly with underlying health conditions are at risk for death. Unlike the flu, young children are NOT at risk for death.

I'll be 70 in July and don't get flu shots. I've had both pneumonia vaccines in the past and just eat a normal diet with plenty of garlic and vitamins to enhance my immune system. I follow my normal "flu season" program of avoiding crowds, washing my hands frequently, and using Lysol or Clorox wipes when necessary. At present I am healthy and have no underlying health conditions.

If I get coronavirus I have a good chance to survive despite my age. If I don't, it's G-d's will. There is only so much you can do.

·
GrowingFromScratch.com
2,990 Posts
I don’t think we can say with certainty yet that this virus is end times related. It very well could be though. China is suggesting it is spreading through physical currency and proposing to move cashless which is step in the direction of the Antichrist system. The potential for a global economic meltdown would also support it. Further still, if it is, then that would mean the pretrib Rapture is near at hand. The sudden disappearance of millions of Christians would certainly throw the world into utter chaos from which a “man with a plan” to make everything alright again would emerge. I know not everyone accepts the pretrib, just saying overall, there are plenty of reasons to support that the virus could be a birth pain. Personally, it’s too early to make a declaration one way or the other. I continue to prep as if it’s just another calamity for the time being. I hope I’m wrong actually, and that Christ is about to come for the bride.

·
Registered
33,184 Posts
What makes me HIGHLY suspicious is that when the dominate liberal media talk about this virus, within a few seconds the attention always and magically turns into anti-Trump rants.

One commentator on MSNBC called it the Trump-virus.

If democrats were more "we all in this together and it's no ones fault" I would find it more credible. However they turn everything political and it hard to determine what's real and what's hype to gain a political edge.

·
Registered
772 Posts
30 cases

There are 30 cases of the virus in Chicago in a nursing home .

Two deaths.

26 people were shot and killed by gunfire in Chicago last weekend.

How likely are you to be killed by this virus.

It only kills old people and or people with compromised immunity's

The risk factor is low. :cool:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

Fear of the unknown is a waste of energy. Nail-biting and fear may be more detrimental to ones health than this hyped up virus. Plagues, viruses, illnesses, and natural disasters have been affecting mankind since the fall of Adam. I've heard it said that fear of a thing may be exactly what draws it into our personal lives.

Suggestions:

1) Turn off the television, go outside, and draw in several breaths of fresh air. Stop letting CNN, MSNBC, and FOX scare the hell out of you.
2) Stay away from hospitals and doctor's offices. That's where sick people hang out.
3) Wash your hands often (whether there's a virus going around or not).
4) Avoid highly populated areas where people are tightly squeezed together (elevators, long lines, etc.). Use the stairs and do your shopping during off-hours. I grocery shop very early in the morning before the crowds show up.
5) Fear not!!!!

I started a thread on "the flu vs. the Corona Virus" that got buried and hidden from view. After a bunch of searching ... I finally found it: https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=939386

If we must be "nervous nellies" or nail-biters or Chicken Littles ... be petrified of the regular flu. You're more apt to catch it. Or, better yet, don't be afraid and just use a little common sense. Lets allow our brains to be today's number one "prep."

As for the end of the world as we know it? It's certainly headed our way but this virus is only one, very small symptom of a much greater event.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts