Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst waiting in the supermarket queue,once againI was amazed at the amount of people grabbing the newest idol magazines, and lollies.
a quick calculation of magazine drink and lolly,adds up quickly to over $10 aus .
A stop by at the local shop to get an icecream in summer, or hot food in winter can eat away at the hip pocket very quickly.
Two of my daughters have estimated the amount just spent by regular customers per week on their bakery lunch each day.5 times 10 =$50 just for lunch.
If that same amount of money could be put towards preps, and a homemade lunch taken to work instead: if snacks could be placed in the car for the hunger bites in preference to instant temptation at the supermarket queue;if more would be read on preparedness rather than the latest gossip from hollywood, alot of time ,money and resources will be saved, and put to good use for the future.
Yes we need our small comforts, but are some worth it?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
It is amazing how so many people are "tempted" by things that harm them. Low quality food and gossip in this example.

Good for you!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I work in a grocery store. I cann't believe the way most Amricans eat. 1/3 to 1/2 of their cart is full of junk food.

I've seen people load up on candy......especially when it's on sale.....They'll have 10 to 20 bags of the stuff in their carts.

I don't understand it. Here our country is experiencing hard economic times and people are out there buying junk.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's the annual "Hotties of the Year" time! All the magazines of this type sell like crazy. I am disgusted to admit it, but I'm actually happy to see them, see anything finally replace Obama's face plastered on every cover in every direction.

I also work in a store, and it's difficult as a single mom on no form of social support not to give a bad attitude or show animosity outwardly when I see a load of junk food paid for with food stamps while the money saved goes to DVD's, cheap toys, and the latest from Hollywood.

My tax dollars at work. *grumble*

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
I always enjoy reading the covers of those rags in a checkout line. That's free entertainment for me, since I'd rather try a chainsaw lobotomy than subject my poor brain to such trash.

Every... EVERY day I go to work I have two things: Thermos and lunch from home. Depending on where we're working that day, what kind of hours, etc. I don't need that lunch, but I bring it because a 4-hour job can turn into 12 hours at the drop of a hat. I watch my union brothers and sisters hitting the roach coach at the convention center during coffee breaks and wonder why they didn't eat breakfast at home instead of paying $5.00 for a burrito that's made in such potentially unsafe conditions.

*sigh* I'm cheap. Always have been. Always will be.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I also work in a store, and it's difficult as a single mom on no form of social support not to give a bad attitude or show animosity outwardly when I see a load of junk food paid for with food stamps while the money saved goes to DVD's, cheap toys, and the latest from Hollywood.

My tax dollars at work. *grumble*
IT'S OK!!! THEY ALL GONNA BE RICH SOON!!!

http://www.thefreedomfactory.us/we-not-rich-yet/

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I work in a grocery store. I cann't believe the way most Amricans eat. 1/3 to 1/2 of their cart is full of junk food.

I've seen people load up on candy......especially when it's on sale.....They'll have 10 to 20 bags of the stuff in their carts.
You must work my mom shops. It just kills me!!! If she finds bags of candy on sale for 50 cents, she HAS to have it. For some reason she just can't go past it and not put 20 bags in her cart. I don't get it...I never have. Then she blames it on my dad and my grandmother...they have to have it.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts