Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought it would interesting to see Republican reaction when Obama killed Bin Laden VS. how the Democrats have reacted after President Trump took down another terrorist who also killed Americans.

Republicans in 2011

-Not a single Republican presidential candidate questioned Obama’s authority to order the attack back in 2010.

-Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, then running for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, said that though it is unusual to celebrate a death but all Americans and decent people the world over cheer the news that madman, murderer, and terrorist Osama bin Laden is dead.

-Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who was also in the running, declared it a "great victory for lovers of freedom and justice everywhere."

-Michele Bachmann praised it as a victory as well, as did Rick Santorum, Tim Pawlenty, and Chris Christie and on and on. Praise heaped on Obama and no one attacked him that I could find.

Bin Laden was a murderer with American blood on his hands, as was Soleimani, and taking both out was undoubtedly the right thing to do.

HOWEVER, DEMOCRATS REACTED A BIT DIFFERENTLY:

Democrats in 2020

-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized Trump for bringing tensions with Iran "to the point of no return" and demanded a congressional explanation. Bringing great cheer to Irian leaders and full agreement with the terrorist nation.

Presidential laughing-stock Elizabeth Warren agreed with Iran, calling Soleimani’s death a "reckless move."

And Bernie Sanders, another Democratic presidential candidate, called it a "dangerous escalation" offering yet more support to the single largest exporter of terror...Iran.

-Cory Booker said "We have a president who has no strategic plan when it comes to Iran and has only made that region less stable and less safe".

Joe Biden: "The President just threw a stick of dynamite into a tinderbox".

SHAMEFUL!

·
Biologist
1,403 Posts
To be fair Osama Bin Laden was a household name, notorious for his 9/11 atrocity. I believe most Americans didn't even know who Soleimani was until he was killed.

It's easier to argue that someone who was relatively unknown and therefore not really hated by the general public deserved such and such treatment, as opposed to perhaps the most hated man in America.

I remember when Ron Paul was at the presidential debate and said something along the lines of: I don't think we should have killed Bin Laden in a strike, but rather that we should have pulled him out and extracted the useful information he had stored his in his head. Then had a trial and executed him. I remember the crowd just booing him nonstop.

·
NRA Life 1971
8,434 Posts
Thought it would interesting to see Republican reaction when Obama killed Bin Laden VS. how the Democrats have reacted after President Trump took down another terrorist who also killed Americans.

-Not a single Republican presidential candidate questioned Obama’s authority to order the attack back in 2010.

-Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, then running for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, said that though it is unusual to celebrate a death but all Americans and decent people the world over cheer the news that madman, murderer, and terrorist Osama bin Laden is dead.

-Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who was also in the running, declared it a "great victory for lovers of freedom and justice everywhere."

-Michele Bachmann praised it as a victory as well, as did Rick Santorum, Tim Pawlenty, and Chris Christie and on and on. Praise heaped on Obama and no one attacked him that I could find.

Bin Laden was a murderer with American blood on his hands, as was Soleimani, and taking both out was undoubtedly the right thing to do.

HOWEVER, DEMOCRATS REACTED A BIT DIFFERENTLY:

-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized Trump for bringing tensions with Iran "to the point of no return" and demanded a congressional explanation. Bring great cheer to Irian leaders and full agreement with the terrorist nation.

Presidential laughing-stock Elizabeth Warren agreed with Iran, calling Soleimani’s death a "reckless move."

And Bernie Sanders, another Democratic presidential candidate, called it a "dangerous escalation" offering yet more support to the single largest exporter of terror...Iran.

-Cory Booker said "We have a president who has no strategic plan when it comes to Iran and has only made that region less stable and less safe".

Joe Biden: "The President just threw a stick of dynamite into a tinderbox".

SHAMEFUL!

The other difference was that President Trump has been directly engaged during these operations.
obama was whisked away from the golf course and quickly brought to the situation room. He still had his golf shirt on in the photo during the Bin Laden event.:D:

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,471 Posts
We still don't know for certain that Obama took our Bin Laden.

1. He didn't show one iota of proof.

2. There was no reaction from the Muslim world. Where were all the riots and protests that should have occurred? Lots of people who studied Bin Laden believed he had already died from kidney failure. Perhaps the Muslim world knew that, as well.

3. The Pakistanis claim Bin Laden never lived in that compound.

4. The scuttlebutt I heard from a guy who had just returned from Afghanistan said that we lost two SEALs in the helicopter that crashed, but that was covered up.

5. Then there was that convenient matter of the helicopter that was shot down while carrying most of the team who pulled off the raid. They were shot down after they spotted an RPG and wanted to engage the attacker, but the request was denied.

The biggest difference between Republicans and Democrats is that the Republicans are more civilized and try to do things in the proper way. Democrats are street fighters. There is no act that is too low or dirty for a Democrat.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,793 Posts

2. There was no reaction from the Muslim world. Where were all the riots and protests that should have occurred? Lots of people who studied Bin Laden believed he had already died from kidney failure. Perhaps the Muslim world knew that, as well.

4. The scuttlebutt I heard from a guy who had just returned from Afghanistan said that we lost two SEALs in the helicopter that crashed, but that was covered up.

5. Then there was that convenient matter of the helicopter that was shot down while carrying most of the team who pulled off the raid. They were shot down after they spotted an RPG and wanted to engage the attacker, but the request was denied.

The biggest difference between Republicans and Democrats is that the Republicans are more civilized and try to do things in the proper way. Democrats are street fighters. There is no act that is too low or dirty for a Democrat.
And Trump is keeping Obama's secret?

·
Registered
33,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would bet nearly anything that the next Democratic President who faces a Republican house will face impeachment over some manufactured baloney.

The dye is cast!

·
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ &#923
3,053 Posts

So suddenly proof is only if it's shared with the public?

Wasn't the outrage from the world, Pakistan and AQ enough? No, I guess if you are going to make a post as ridiculous as this you're verification is what makes this "real". Laughable.

Do you live under a rock? of course, there was.
https://web.archive.org/web/2011050...en+followers+strike+Canada/4713814/story.html

So again, as BHU stated, President Trump is keeping this secret?

You believe Pakistan? On anything?
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2011/05/20115241936984209.html

There is a reason they call it "scuttlebutt"
This point then contradicts you other points. If we were there and lost two seals why then was that th eover up?

You question a covert mission to not allow one of the troop-carrying helo to open up prior to the raid?

Hmmm, the actions of Nixon admin, Reagan trading weapons for hostages and weaponizing the impeachment process say different. But we all know, but this post the revision of history is part of the political process.

So again, Trump blames Obama for everything, looks to erase his Presidency from the books and constantly criticizes him, but on THIS he keeps the secret?

·
3,053 Posts
I would bet nearly anything that the next Democratic President who faces a Republican house will face impeachment over some manufactured baloney.

The dye is cast!
The dye was cast in the mid 90's. Not sure how no one understands that.

·
3,053 Posts
Maybe they should. Maybe the President being under constant threat of expulsion at the slightest offense is in the peoples' best interest.
Wouldn't that mean that the President should be held accountable for his actions and deeds while in office?

Thought that was how this nation was supposed to run? hmmm

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,793 Posts
Wouldn't that mean that the President should be held accountable for his actions and deeds while in office?

Thought that was how this nation was supposed to run? hmmm
The change lies in the benefit of the doubt. I think our politicians have lost that privilege. I think all politicians should have every single action scrutinized and have every decision questioned and be forced to defend everything they say and do.

I think they earned it.

·
Basket of deplorables
2,373 Posts
In reading the OP's post I completely agree with him. When the blue lipped Kenyan was in office it was an unfortunate time for me. Myself and my family suffered under him and his administration namely financially. Believe me I had no love for him, at all. However he still was the President and when he did something that was good for the nation I would state it. At times defend him because what he did was right and good for this nation. It sure wasn't often but I did it. Now look at the well known leftists on this forum. What do they have to say about President Trump? You don't have to go very far and you get an accurate sounding board for the rest of the snowflakes of this nation only the ones here are a little more subversive so they don't get banned.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,471 Posts
And Trump is keeping Obama's secret?
Trump may not know. If he does, he may have been advised to let that sleeping dog lie.

There were at least dozens of illegal and clandestine things that Obama did that Trump has not rubbed Obama's nose in.

Lots of things do not add up with the Bin Laden slaying, such as the burial at sea. That is not an Islamic tradition, as we were told.

·
Registered
33,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dye was cast in the mid 90's. Not sure how no one understands that.
There is a big difference between a 2 year investigation that proved nothing and NO CRIME Vs. Clinton who had sex with and took advantage of a 19 year old intern in the Oval office. Lied under oath about it and opened himself up to possible extortion.

You might want to study that time and what other Democrats had to say about Bill Clinton and his activities.

·
3,053 Posts
Trump may not know. If he does, he may have been advised to let that sleeping dog lie.

There were at least dozens of illegal and clandestine things that Obama did that Trump has not rubbed Obama's nose in.

Lots of things do not add up with the Bin Laden slaying, such as the burial at sea. That is not an Islamic tradition, as we were told.
So you are saying, President Trump, doesn't know and didn't try to find out the MOST PRESTIGIOUS action of the Obama Admin? You actually buy that?

Stop riding Occam's razor, sometimes it just is. Overthinking it based on YOUR hatred is foolishness.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts