1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The end is,,,,,
9,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
7,143 Posts
It it arrogant of humanity to assume the signal is intended for us. Earth may just happen to be close enough to the direct path from point a to point b for enough energy to be coincidentally be detected here.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,155 Posts
The new FRB was tracked down to SDSS J015800.28+264253.0, a star-forming galaxy about 500 million light years from Earth.
It too 500 million years to get here. Whatever it's tryig to tell us is old news.

·
The end is,,,,,
9,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What ever it is, I bet we will never know the truth. Might need to build me a big 'ol antenna again.

That does pose a good question. I know we have SETE and other things like it. But what if we could do our own eavesdropping on space????

·
The end is,,,,,
9,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wasn't there a TV show or B movie made about aliens coming here and they thought we were all Nazis cause of that broadcast Hitler made? Or am I dreaming that up and need to write it?

·
Nunquam Non Paratus
1,522 Posts
It it arrogant of humanity to assume the signal is intended for us. Earth may just happen to be close enough to the direct path from point a to point b for enough energy to be coincidentally be detected here.
And most of the headlines say the signal is "aimed at Earth" or something similar. I just reread the article and yeah, "Sending Earth signals". No it isn't, or if it is that is totally unproven. Not only that if the signal is coming from where they think it is then it originated way before Jesus was born...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wasn't there a TV show or B movie made about aliens coming here and they thought we were all Nazis cause of that broadcast Hitler made? Or am I dreaming that up and need to write it?
You might be thinking of an original series Star Trek episode called "Patterns of Force."

It's not quite the scenario you described, though. In that episode a Federation cultural observer imposed Nazism on a lawless planet because he thought it was the most efficient system of government.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts