Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rented it from Proactive Canning in Indianapolis; I heard of them through a friend. When I called them they told me they have 9 canners for rent and right now they are 4 weeks out on delivery (hot item). It was $200.00 security deposit, plus minimum 2 day rental of $42.00. I also chose to pay $15.00 damage waiver (optional, though good idea) and paid $67 for shipping both ways. All-in-All, I paid $124 for the machine when all said and done. Plus I ordered the cans and oxygen absorbers from them as well. The guy I talked to on the phone told me that they are working on adding Freeze dried fruits and vegetables to sell to the public in bulk. I am on their mailing list when that comes available. Freeze dried in bulk would be very cool... Their phone # is: 888-668-1180

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I rented it from Proactive Canning in Indianapolis; I heard of them through a friend. When I called them they told me they have 9 canners for rent and right now they are 4 weeks out on delivery (hot item). It was $200.00 security deposit, plus minimum 2 day rental of $42.00. I also chose to pay $15.00 damage waiver (optional, though good idea) and paid $67 for shipping both ways. All-in-All, I paid $124 for the machine when all said and done. Plus I ordered the cans and oxygen absorbers from them as well. The guy I talked to on the phone told me that they are working on adding Freeze dried fruits and vegetables to sell to the public in bulk. I am on their mailing list when that comes available. Freeze dried in bulk would be very cool... Their phone # is: 888-668-1180
What did they charge for cans? That is what has been holding me back, the cost of cans.

·
When all else fails......
2,503 Posts
Sounds like you are ahead of the game. Ill call and see if I can get on their list. Thanks REDDOG 44

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I don't know why I'm always the snoopy one.=0 I actually think this is a good idea, so don't take this the wrong way...I'm pretty convinced you work for (or own, more likely) this company, and if you want to advertise it, you should just get a merchant account. This is a great site to learn from and do business on. A merchant account also gives you access to post this in the selling area, which would be helpful for a lot of folks.

The whois information on the canning website is from May 12, a day after you joined this site. I think it would be pretty unlikely your friend just 'found a company in Indianapolis' a day before they even had a website. From the other thread, you even knew the exact cost of their canning machine - $995.

A little further looking shows that proactivecanning also has a site called bigsurvival.com; their physical address is a UPS store in Noblesville, IN.

Again, none of this is bad, as I think this could be a great business...I just think its weird people 'hear about' the coolest things, when it would be so much easier to say 'hey, I own such and such, its cool, if you want more info let me know!'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts