Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2nd 870 to modify it as more of a home defender. I would like to know if there is an accepted/easy way to remove the sights that are silver brazed onto the barrel? I thought a little heat from a propane torch and some pliers would work but wanted some confirmation.

Thanks!

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
my question is why you would want to,you'r barrel is worth more than a plain one just trade down.i would love to have a slug barrel for my 870.

·
Slayer of Sacred Cows
588 Posts
+1 tp what others have said above.

Why jack up a good barrel like that? Trade it off.

BTW- When setting up a shotgun for taking care of things that might be shooting back I prefer sights on it as it's much easier to regulate the shot pattern of it to my point of aim.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
yep, don't mess up the barrel just buy a plain jane replacement barrel.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
is it a rifled slug barrel? if so that is not the hot ticket for home defense. i wish my HD barrel on my mossy had iron sights.

·
"I drank what?" -Socrates
1,414 Posts
is it a rifled slug barrel? if so that is not the hot ticket for home defense. i wish my HD barrel on my mossy had iron sights.

I used to think that too...until I got a Mossy 590 with ghost ring sights. I hate them...they just get in the way. I'm trying to find a standard barrel for it with a bead sight, but Mossberg doesn't seem to sell them individually. AIMPRO tactical works exclusively with Mossberg, but they won't answer emails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts