Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to hear about Remington

Heard on the news they filed for bankruptcy...

I have always been very impressed with the quality of my 870 express super mag. I always felt like they were a good company ... too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
I kindof feel the opposite. I think they have been second-rate for a long time, I find them sleazy for sweeping legitimate safety/design issues under the rug for years, which they knew about, and their sell-out to Freedom Group was the last straw in destroying what was initially, a great American company, way back when. Don't worry though, they will do what Colt always did when they were mismanaged and had to file. They will still be around.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-amid-declining-sales/?utm_term=.5d8cc2448658

Yes, it's true. Remington, the oldest gun maker in the U.S.A., has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. This is a debt-restructuring bankruptcy, so they aren't going away just yet. But they are at very high risk of completely going under.

Like most articles about it, the one above is anti-gun. But reading between the lines, it seems that their issues actually stemmed from Trump's election. During Obama's reign, gun sales were high across the board for fear of gun control. This was heightened when there was a distinct possibility of Hillary getting elected. But many gun owners aren't worried about that now, and Remington was hit very hard last year with poor sales.

It's still a sad day. :( Hopefully, they'll turn this around soon.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The former owners of Remington sold out to enrich themselves and left the company to a bunch of vulture capitalist, which included anti-gun George Soros. The new owners used every trick to drain as much capital from the company as possible.

Once they killed the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg", they decided to screw their workers, creditors and vendors by filing for bankruptcy.

Oh yes, let's not forget all of the low quality crap they started putting out that didn't actually work or last. The loyal consumers who believed they were buying from the old Remington, got a box of crap for their patronage. Also all your product warranties will be voided after the BK.

Goodbye Remington and Ridence.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Perhaps a "real" firearm entity will buy remington and turn it around........
Cerberus are nothing but investors, not gun makers, they're nothing but a bunch of greedy blue falcons, who care nothing about natural law and man's god given rights.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
(I thought this happened a week or two ago ... am I mixing it up with a similar story?)

Remington today is a shadow of what Remington once was, and probably doesn't deserve to stay in business.

It would be sad for the Remington name to completely vanish ... but, I doubt that will happen. Even if the company was more or less shut down, I think somebody would buy and use the name.

·
LEGAL citizen
15,269 Posts
Hopefully, someone will buy them out. Hopefully a patriot that is willing to fight for the 2nd amendment.

If they gave a damn about their company, they would have continued to make quality rather than quantity. If they cared about their company, they would have catered to the needs of their customer, not the needs of their back pocket. They suck, they need to go bye-bye.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of other storied names and products will also go away. I belive that is was under Freedom Group that Remington bought then shut down Marlin’s factories to consolidate production. So if Remington does go, Marlin lever actions are likely to go away, just one example. Sad situation overall. I had a Marlin lever once, stupidly traded it away in the 80’s.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Does this mean I lose the warranty on my electric razor? :D:

I do worry that there could be an investor effort out there to buy up and liquidate gun manufacturers into bankruptcy. Buy them, pull out any value to not lose money, then fold them up. Even if they lost money, people like Bloomberg are anyway. It might be cheaper then the lobbying method.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Bear in mind that the company's assets include the name "Remington", as well as gun model names such as "Remington 870", as well as trademarks and patents. The owners could in theory sell the rights to make and sell "Remington 870 shotguns" to - say - Ruger or Glock, who could then make them in Arizona, Austria or wherever they like.

The only actual Remington products I still buy are Gun Club shotgun shells and Golden Bullet .22LRs. Which are still good.

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
34,702 Posts
Does this mean I lose the warranty on my electric razor? :D:

I do worry that there could be an investor effort out there to buy up and liquidate gun manufacturers into bankruptcy. Buy them, pull out any value to not lose money, then fold them up. Even if they lost money, people like Bloomberg are anyway. It might be cheaper then the lobbying method.
Why worry?

It's natural progression for companies to go under and be replaced with better or more efficient ones

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It sounds as Remington Outdoor Group, which includes not only Marlin, but DPMS/Panther, Advanced Armament, Bushmaster, Parker, Harrington and Richardson, Barnes, Nesika, StormLake, Dakota Arms, Tapco and Timbersmith are also part of the group who will be effected.

I can see one of the liberal biggies swooping in and shutting the whole works down, in a buy out....

·
Awesome
17,065 Posts
unfortunately from what i learned about the remington takeover of marlin.. the old machines to make marlin the right way are gone.. remingtons damage to their brand is irreparable.. let remington go under, theyve been cutting corners and shafting customers for many years now, they deserve nothing less... this is just the free market saying screw you pricks

·
NRA Life 1971
8,437 Posts
Not a surprise. Hopefully firearm people will eventually take control of the assets. Holding companies hardly ever maximize the potential of a gun manufacturing company.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts