Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I brought the question to the board: 870 or 590? (A question, after being around for several months now, I see is rehashed again and again)

I ended up going with the 18" 870 12 ga - my personal choice, albeit a hard one to make - and haven't looked back. I'm extremely happy.

For the many of you that own this gun, I have a few questions. I'm very happy with how it is stock (I have the extended magazine and 18" barrel in synthetic). But I want to add 1) a bandoleer to it 2) a shoulder strap that is attached through the provided stock holes.

...oh yeah, I want to do it as cheap as possible; I'm saving to buy my first pistol on my birthday.

So, friends, what can you suggest?

Attached are a pictures of the gun and the forward and rear strap holes.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Never compromise.
5,674 Posts
It does somewhat. I'm confused as to the use of the existing holes; I seems that the new swivels will just replace them outright.

Am I "challenged?"

Thanks for all your help!
Actually all you will need is the swivels themselves. You won't have to replace the studs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone out there know where i can find a barrel and magazine clamp with sling stud onit for the rem 870 ? My buddy broke my stud off. Thanks James

·
SKS gunner
193 Posts
I was wondering where u got that barrel clamp with the swivel stud facing down like that. Been looking for one like that with no luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
TXSRED66 AND MRBIG85, txsred i think you might be asking about a mag tube extension and clamp that goes on the end of the factory mag tube, you can purchase a factory 2 shot or more from remmy direct and bbl clamp. the clamp and extension in the picture are factory remmy. kinda pricey from them. choate industries bald knob ark sells all kind of shotgun accessories for most major brands, and have great products at affordable prices. as for the barrel band, the remmy factory only works on the factory extension because of a crease around where the clamp screw goes through. they do however make aftermarket clamps from like uncle mikes with the lower stud. Most aftermarket only have a side mounted stus attached to the mounting screw. wilson combat shotgun accessories sells the extension with lower stud attached about 45.00. be sure of you bbl length before you get an extension, 18 in 2 shot ext. 20in three shot ext and so fourth. if you get one too long it will stick out past the end of your bbl. I hope this helps, and if you have problems finding what you need contact me and I will try to help, Im the dept armorer.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
it sounds like its set up just like mine

·
Registered
8 Posts
you can get the 14 in bbl for a remmy but anything under 18in is considered an SBS by the BATF. if the gun did not come set up with a 14 and was not registered as an AOW or SBS you will have to register it and its a 200.00 fee. You can probably find a bbl on gunbroker.com. or have one cut down to 14 either will work fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a mossberg frame with a 10 in bbl i used in narcotics , its registered. It is brutal to shoot, esp, with the pistol grip and thats low brass. its chambered for 3in mags though. It was only good because I coulg get it out of the front seat of either the mustang or camaro i would be driving. Its just a safe queen now, Im not into personal pain . I stick to my remmy 870s or my charled daily security shottys for both duty and home defense,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Charles Daly makes a great shotgun the security model is almost identical to the 870 in operation, fit and finish are excellent , as an armorer i had an officer that lost a part while calling himself cleaning it, i called the factory identified myself and they sent the part no cost, they have a lifetime warranty. They can be found fairly cheaply on various gun sites. My local cop shop keeps them in stock, and one thing better they are black chromed not blued for weather resistance. Plus they are lighter than my 870s great if you have to carry for long periods. they shoot both 2-3/4 or 3 in . The only problem I found is when new they are a little stiff cycling at first but work the action a while and its as good as my remmy. hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys newbie here.just bought REM.870 express magnum left-handed model I want to put a 18 inch barrel on it.Is there a special barrel to get if its. A lefty model . This is my first shotgun .Thanks for any help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts