Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am looking into buying a Remington 700 and a new stock. I would like to know what you think about the model 700's and about any other bolt action rifles that might be similar. Maybe if you have a model 700 and have bought a new stock for it you could provide a link to the site where you bought it. I have been looking around and have found a "H-S PRECISION STOCK" but i don't really like the model 700 it fits so any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Dangerous Old Man
997 Posts
O.K. you found a stock, what's wrong with the action?
I have a few(several) R700's, different calibers, long and short action.
What do you want to know?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock says "Fits Remington 700 BDL Short and Long actions only." I don't like the BDL rifles. I would have to get a new barrel because it has sights. Im going to put a scope on it so i don't need open sights. i was looking into the Remington 700 LTR.

·
Dangerous Old Man
997 Posts
The scope mount fits on the reciever, iron sights don't interfere.
BDL just means it has a trap door to unload.
I don't care for the triangular barrel on the LTR, seems to me that it would do wierd things when it heats up.

By the way...the stock should fit SA or LA, not both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably the 308 or 270 maybe a 223. I already have a 270 rifle that i hunt with now and i love it. i don't know if this is going to take its place or not yet. I might just get the 223 for target practice or something. Also i don't know how much hunting I am going to be doing as i am going to be joining the army soon. what do you suggest?

·
Dangerous Old Man
997 Posts
.270 is LA, .308 &.223 are SA, my suggestion is .308.
I have a 700 PSS (police sniper system) on a H-S stock, NcStar scope, & Harris bipod, she's a 800yard tack driver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts