Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive found myself a great deal on a new gun. its the one in the title. anyway could someone tell me what the availability of the 300 ultra mag ammo is.and is the ammo like something that they have at wal-mart.

if u dont wanna read this part then fine i just wanna tell you guys my plan to sell and buy guns.
step #1. sell my 20. ga. shotgun
step #2. save some money
step #3. buy the gun thats in the title.
step #4. save some more money
step #5. buy a .45 acp an awsome pistol!

I HOPE OBAMA WONT MESS UP MY PLANS.

·
Registered
806 Posts
ammo very expensive and hard to find. at least twice as much as 30-06. not stocked except in major outlets. not going to find it in backwoods hardware stores at all.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Good move...the 300 UM packs a good whollop at both end of the gun! But that trajectory is about like a stretched rubber band for a far enough distance out thier as anyone has buisness shooting unless your a sniper! The 06 ought to fit the bill plenty good in all but the most extreme cases if you do your part.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Good move on the 06. You can load ammo for smaller critters to larger game. I use .308.
Yep me too! I also use the 308 winchester now for about 90 precent of my big game hunting these days in lui of the 2 Remington 700's in 7mm Mag and one in .300 Wm. So far the deer havent noticed much of a change if any. Its a lot more economical cartridge and gets the job done in fine form and fashion anytime I do my part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own a 300 RUM and it's an expensive habbit, but I have a hard time letting it go. The feeling I get hitting targets at ungodly ranges is highly addicting. I need group therapy. :eek:)

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,112 Posts
If you reload your own ammo shooting a big cased mag is not much more expensive than a 30-06.
If you don't reload it's crazy nuts.

Ps, I prefer the 7 mm STW.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I looked at 300 RUM and 300 Win Mag and decided to go with 308 because its easier to find, the barrell is shorter and the gun is lighter so its easier to carry. From what ive seen hunting whitetails with guys who have 7 mags or even when I had a 30-06 was with the 308 I have less meat loss and they die just as well. Personally I'd go with the 308 but if you want a little more punch then 30-06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts