Survivalist Forum banner

Remember the good old days? (Rant)

10750 80
Does anyone remember the good old days on the forum? Back when you could log on and not have to weed your way through 50 post of people arguing about whose politics are right or what religion is right. Back when we were all here to learn survival skills and share tips, or help each other.

I miss those days.

Here's a survival tip for y'all.... quit b!tching and moaning and talking politics, and trying to prove if there is a God or not and go back to everybody trying to learn how to survive when SHTF. If we go back to being survivalist then maybe, just maybe all the other stuff will work itself out in the long run. What good is it to argue about politics, God, etc... if when the SHTF you can't make it and you die. Nobody will remember or care what you were arguing about then.

Okay, that's my rant. I'm going back to scrolling through the crap post looking for useful information now. Hope I see you there.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Haha
3,403 Posts
Does anyone remember the good old days on the forum? Back when you could log on and not have to weed your way through 50 post of people arguing about whose politics are right or what religion is right. Back when we were all here to learn survival skills and share tips, or help each other.

I miss those days.

Here's a survival tip for y'all.... quit b!tching and moaning and talking politics, and trying to prove if there is a God or not and go back to everybody trying to learn how to survive when SHTF. If we go back to being survivalist then maybe, just maybe all the other stuff will work itself out in the long run. What good is it to argue about politics, God, etc... if when the SHTF you can't make it and you die. Nobody will remember or care what you were arguing about then.

Okay, that's my rant. I'm going back to scrolling through the crap post looking for useful information now. Hope I see you there.
There are sections on this site for the subjects you described. Why wouldn't anyone post in them? I think many people post in non survival topics because They have nothing to contribute much except news and politics. Maybe the reason they don't post much in the survival threads is because they are "reading" everything and taking it in and applying it to their fountain of knowledge. Many many people on here never post, only gather information and I see nothing wrong with this.

I happen to be on these boards mostly when I'm at work and like to post in everythread. When I get home is when I put the survival threads to use. Sine my work computer can't go to many links or play videos.

People will stop posting about politics and religion when those sections no longer exist.

-Cade

· Registered
3,138 Posts
There are section son this site for the subjects you described. Why wouldn't anyone post in them? I think many people post in non survival topics because They have nothing to contribute much except news and politics. Maybe the reason they don't post much in the survival threads is because they are "reading" everything and taking it in and applying it to their fountain of knowlege. Many many people on here never post, only gather inforamtion and I see nothing wrong with this.

I happen to be on these boards mostly when I'm at work and like to post in everythread. When I get home is when I put the survival threads to use.

People will stop posting about politics and religion when those sections no longer exist.

-Cade
You pretty much just described me. I'm a California boy from the concrete jungle so admittedly I don't know much about survival. Those threads I pretty much shut up and learn. I am a political junkie however, so in these threads I'll blab till the cows come home...

· 90/10 headed for 95/5
7,661 Posts
I keep telling myself, pretty much every couple of days, that I'm going to try and shut up on the political stuff and the religious forums. I don't think I could ever stop reading them though, and therein lies my weakness.

I'm more successful in holding my tongue in the religious forums, for the most part, but it's a rare day that goes by that I don't see a post in the General Discussion forum that's simply so outrageous that I can let it pass without riposte. My bad! :taped: :eek:: :upsidedown:

With the core "survival" material...I save what I need...tuck it away until I have a chance to try it out; rarely does it need my commentary.

· Registered
3,138 Posts
I keep telling myself, pretty much every couple of days, that I'm going to try and shut up on the political stuff and the religious forums. I don't think I could ever stop reading them though, and therein lies my weakness.

I'm more successful in holding my tongue in the religious forums, for the most part, but it's a rare day that goes by that I don't see a post in the General Discussion forum that's simply so outrageous that I can let it pass without riposte. My bad! :taped: :eek:: :upsidedown:

With the core "survival" material...I save what I need...tuck it away until I have a chance to try it out; rarely does it need my commentary.
10-4 on that. I avoid the religious forum like the plague. I have my own ideas on that and I don't want anyone's views pushed on me, and likewise I can't push mine on them. Sorta like the ******** topic. Super strong views all the way around and the only final result possible is a verbal bloodbath.

· Wild Edibles Expert
10,143 Posts
10-4 on that. I avoid the religious forum like the plague. I have my own ideas on that and I don't want anyone's views pushed on me, and likewise I can't push mine on them. Sorta like the ******** topic. Super strong views all the way around and the only final result possible is a verbal bloodbath.
Hey, I ain't trying to push any religion. I'm just trying to keep my umbrella up...and my hip waders on...

· Administrator
Psalm 34:4 & 56:11 Matthew 22: 37-39
24,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually don't mind religious or political discussions, it just seems lately that's most of what gets posted and I wish more people would concentrate on survival topics instead.

· Woman Hater
1,073 Posts
Oh heck yeah. I've just about had it with the crapola being spread wall to wall. Am about ready to pack my bags and leave for something a bit more real and intelligent. What really if's me is that you got the little kiddy play of "I'm right, you're not" hoopla....whatever happened to "I understand your viewpoint, disagree some, but do understand." Now it's "you're wrong!" sheesh...and then (I'm really in for it now) militias...okay, I have a huge issue with them thinking they need to over take the gov't...whatever happened with letting the trouble come to you first, then taking action? Of course, I'm an outsider, but still...survival is about many a topic, not just war, not zombies (too much sci fi) or how many guns you have in your arsenal including the 30,000 rounds you have in your vault.

JFountain...darn good post...and thank goodness someone brought this up.

· Simply, an AMERICAN...
5,480 Posts
Agreed with all here. I have no problem with the "political" side of a forum, but it's quite ridiculous that when someone states something is not correct or has a different opinion often times based on facts, that a "label" must then be attached to that person? There's no need for it, and some are so stubborn that they cannot admit they are wrong, and continue the "labels".

I post in other threads here as well, but the political forum seems to be made up of a few people who get their "truths" from talking heads and pundits. Politics is an important thing for us all, because it can determine how things end up in a shtf scenario. 90 percent of you would be a pleasure to "survive/live" with. Some I wouldn't even take fishin'...:thumb:

· Registered
954 Posts
Agreed with all here. I have no problem with the "political" side of a forum, but it's quite ridiculous that when someone states something is not correct or has a different opinion often times based on facts, that a "label" must then be attached to that person? There's no need for it, and some are so stubborn that they cannot admit they are wrong, and continue the "labels".

I post in other threads here as well, but the political forum seems to be made up of a few people who get their "truths" from talking heads and pundits. Politics is an important thing for us all, because it can determine how things end up in a shtf scenario. 90 percent of you would be a pleasure to "survive/live" with. Some I wouldn't even take fishin'...:thumb:
We all have our personal theory's, don't we?

· Elitist Gun Snob
1,365 Posts
I'd like to see the religion section and the news section removed completely. Religion shouldn't have anything to do with a survivalist site. If you want to have a prayer section for your faith that's fine. Post your prayer for others. They can probably draw strength from it if it's their thing. Doesn't mean you have to fawn all over each others' posts, going on and on about what's better, how much it's appreciated, etc.

Politics? What does that matter to survivalists? I think instead of politics, lets have a RIGHTS WATCH page which will ONLY contain information related to the loss and degradation of our rights and our constitution. Not who cheated on their wife and embarrassed their party. I don't think it should be open to discussion either. Just a simple RSS feed type section.

News should be handled the same as politics. News related only to survivalists. I know what you're thinking. Define what's related and what isn't. It should be obvious. The Olympics wouldn't be pertinent. Forest fires in the midwest would. So would tropical storms and hurricanes making landfall. If you want to discuss news, do it on cnn.com or whatever other AP polluted site you prefer.

These are just my opinions and some personal reasons why I almost never participate in those sections of the site.

· Registered
954 Posts
I wish we could all get back to just survival & skills too.

I just installed a trace 2.5 KW inverter in my garage with 8 trojan T105 batteries with a 12 KW diesel generator as a back up that I would like to share with those here.

I have solar panels on the back of our home that I need advice on connecting to the water heater ect...

Farm Boy:D:

· Elitist Gun Snob
1,365 Posts
I wish we could all get back to just survival & skills too.

I just installed a trace 2.5 KW inverter in my garage with 8 trojan T105 batteries with a 12 KW diesel generator as a back up that I would like to share with those here.

I have solar panels on the back of our home that I need advice on connecting to the water heater ect...

Farm Boy:D:
So make a "How To" thread, or a "Home Project" thread about these things!

· Registered
954 Posts
I'd like to see the religion section and the news section removed completely. Religion shouldn't have anything to do with a survivalist site. If you want to have a prayer section for your faith that folks to draw from and contribute to that's fine. They can probably draw strength from it if it's their thing.

Politics? What does that matter to survivalists? I think instead of politics, lets have a RIGHTS WATCH page which will ONLY contain information related to the loss and degradation of our rights and our constitution. Not who cheated on their wife and embarrassed their party. I don't think it should be open to discussion either. Just a simple RSS feed type section.

News should be handled the same as politics. If you want to discuss news, do it on cnn.com or whatever other AP polluted site you prefer.

These are just my opinions and some personal reasons why I almost never participate in those sections of the site.
I too would like the religion section removed, it's only a springboard for all the atheists & non believers to bash the Christians, and I dont see to many nonbelievers doing any conversions over to Christianity, just bashing thats all.

Rant off

· Wild Edibles Expert
10,143 Posts
I too would like the religion section removed, it's only a springboard for all the atheists & non believers to bash the Christians, and I dont see to many nonbelievers doing any conversions over to Christianity, just bashing thats all.

Rant off
Don't you think that is just a tad one-sided assessment? Personally I could care less if there is no religious discussion. As for politics, I'm going to vote, that's it. But I do think the conspiracy section is just plain nuts.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.