Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994April 07
Violence erupts in Rwanda, foreshadowing genocide
On April 7, 1994, violence fuels the launch of what would become the worst episode of genocide since World War II: the massacre of an estimated 500,000 to 1 million innocent civilian Tutsis and moderate Hutus. Following the first wave of massacres, Rwandan forces manage to discourage international intervention with the murder of 10 Belgian peacekeeping officers. The Tutsis, a minority group that made up about 10 percent of Rwanda’s population, received no assistance from the international community, although the United Nations later conceded that a mere 5,000 soldiers deployed at the outset would have stopped the wholesale slaughter.

·
Jackpine Savage
4,145 Posts
The UN doesn't give a **** and exists only to collect money, the US will never step into a civil war or exert it's influence on another country that they can't profit from. If things ever get bad enough that the blue hats end up here I expect them to help with nothing other than fertilizing my garden.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
this was during Clinton's reign.
I remember very well the rise of voices on the right in regards to this and many women's rights groups raising hell over it.

But in typical projected racist attitudes the Clinton gang let the fires burn.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The UN doesn't give a **** and exists only to collect money, the US will never step into a civil war or exert it's influence on another country that they can't profit from. If things ever get bad enough that the blue hats end up here I expect them to help with nothing other than fertilizing my garden.
I doubt we'll ever see blue hats here. For one thing, if you look at their troop strength, it is pretty puny. And it is mostly made up of soldiers from third rate armies. No airplanes, no tanks, no artillery. They would have to recruit some UN member countries with real capability and when they go to do that, it is usually the US, with token participation from other countries.

But the main reason I believe that is I think Americans may be reluctant to fire on US police and soldiers. But blue hats? No problem. Just targets.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I doubt we'll ever see blue hats here. For one thing, if you look at their troop strength, it is pretty puny. And it is mostly made up of soldiers from third rate armies. No airplanes, no tanks, no artillery. They would have to recruit some UN member countries with real capability and when they go to do that, it is usually the US, with token participation from other countries.

But the main reason I believe that is I think Americans may be reluctant to fire on US police and soldiers. But blue hats? No problem. Just targets.
Based on comments made by NGR in DC, I am not so sure.

·
Jackpine Savage
4,145 Posts
Remember a few years back when a Chicago Alderman was calling for the blue hats to be brought in to help with gang violence? I said then and I still believe that if that ever happened all of the gangs would call a 48hr truce to take care of the problem, and it wouldn't even be close to a fair fight.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
well you sure do not hear much about the "leaders" of those type of people throwing a fit about how many are killed every day in africa ,, as long as its them killing them its all good it seems like,,,even in this country,the "bloods" ,"crips" ect are just the "tribes" that kill each other daily but its all the racist white peoples fault

·
Registered
324 Posts
this was during Clinton's reign.
I remember very well the rise of voices on the right in regards to this and many women's rights groups raising hell over it.

But in typical projected racist attitudes the Clinton gang let the fires burn.
It happened during a government shutdown. I think if we'd been operating at normal capacity, the US would have gotten involved (for better or for worse)

One thing people forget about the Rwandan genocide is that it happened SO. FAST.

On second thought, never mind about that shutdown. I think I was thinking of the Eritrea/Ethiopia war that also happened under Clinton

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BLACK Lives Matter

except when it is blacks killing blacks in numbers so great no one really knows...
and
the kicker...
it wasn't over some invasion or some crime
IT was because of WHO they were, not what they did.
and
HOW could they tell????

I really wonder how many "wrong kinds" got chopped because while they do not all look alike
you would think that in those numbers a fair number of the home team also got chopped by mistake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts