Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 50 year old woman (what! How'd that happen!) looking for a man (not to support) appoximately my age and of compatible interests. I own a home in the Chiriqui highlands of Panama about 40 miles from the Costa Rican border. This house is on a lot, only about 1/4 acre and was used as a vacation cabana. It has been remodled somewhat, but I would like to do more, as far as getting off the grid. I am a nurse working contracts off/on in the US, living in my RV,completely debt free, currently on a contract in West TX. I would like to find a person who is also debt free, willing to relocate to Panama to help me finish my cabana, grow some food, help me build a cistern, possibly fluent in some spanish, and help me tend to my property. My motheris 71 and has been living in this house for the past couple years with my brother, who had been very instrumental in helping us get the house (fluent in spanish, helping to remodel the place), was a big help in the beginning, but is getting tired of working on it and is now feeling "pressured" after 2 years of room and board, and not on the same page, as far as a survival mindset. He wants to move out, I wish him the best and hope for that reality, while concerned about my mom being alone. She is currently very able, but I still don't like her being alone.

Bottom line, it's hard doing it alone. I have no income in Panama yet, and I find I need to work here in the US periodically, raising funds to reach my goals. I would love to find a knowledgeable compatable man to help and befriend me. I have been learning spanish on my own for a couple years and consider myself intermediate.

I smoke and drink. I'm tolerant of others from a religeous standpoint, but I am atheist. However, I do have a conscience and try to treat other as I would want to be treated. If any of this is a problem, please disregard.

·
Cold Water Kayaker
1,834 Posts
I'm a bit older than you, good at building (own a business doing such), like long walks on the......oh...wait.....never mind and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, too many people in Boquete

Sounds like you are in Boquette.:cool:
Need a man to protect you from the punks ? :eek:
The cops damn sure wont.
I'm west of the Volcano in Volcan. Too many gringos in Boquete, but a cool place to visit. Don't need anyone to protect me, but a helpmate would be nice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a bit older than you, good at building (own a business doing such), like long walks on the......oh...wait.....never mind and welcome to the forum!
State of mind and fitness matters more to me than age. And good at building is very good! I also happen to love long walks on the..... :upsidedown:

·
Prepared in NH
12,864 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the site.

”All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” – Sir Winston Churchill

·
Banned
533 Posts
I'm west of the Volcano in Volcan. Too many gringos in Boquete, but a cool place to visit. Don't need anyone to protect me, but a helpmate would be nice!
:D::D::D: That is why I live in Tilaran as opposed to Jaco or San Jose etc.
Best wishes and Pura Vida... I almost chose Panama but that US dollar thing didn't cut it.
Doug
Oasis of the Toucans.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D::D::D: That is why I live in Tilaran as opposed to Jaco or San Jose etc.
Best wishes and Pura Vida... I almost chose Panama but that US dollar thing didn't cut it.
Doug
Oasis of the Toucans.
I have a good friend in Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean side. Where is Tilaron?

·
Texas chooses people.
2,378 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and good luck on your search, um quest, um, Heck what was it you were looking for again? j/k ;)
If shtf here, you may have a whole bunch of us asking to, um, visit :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts