Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Yeah...you can pretty much trust everything Bill Maher has to say. He's really, really credible.:eek:

Hey, Ihatebugs. You bugged out before answering some of my evolution questions. Did you think I would forget?

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
By the way....... Bill Mahr is a huge douche. He is hardly objective or open minded. He has a stance based off of hatred, and sarcasm. He won't thoroughly investigate things, but simply makes fun of them and finds idiots to interview that are just as clueless on the subject as he is, whom happen to support the opposite of his idea.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I'm done trying to have a real debate with you. It's like debating a tape recorder. You ignore everything I say and just keep repeating your flawed mantra.
Hear that folks. Ihatebugs doesn't have any answers. Just as I thought.:D: Carry on.

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
435 Posts
By the way....... Bill Mahr is a huge douche. He is hardly objective or open minded. He has a stance based off of hatred, and sarcasm. He won't thoroughly investigate things, but simply makes fun of them and finds idiots to interview that are just as clueless on the subject as he is, whom happen to support the opposite of his idea.

WOW! that sounds like a bunch of folks on here. continue with your bashing..

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
Yes! it's bashing when I say it, and it's open mindedness if you do the same?
Your double standard holds no water with me pal. The fools that engage in your little games of divisiveness and elitism and belittlement can play if they want, but your hateful vomit of words is seen as nothing but exactly that..... vomit. You, Ihatebugs, Lasercool, and the others who come here just to start crap can have all the fun you want. It's a shame the moderators don't have the balls to make a stand for what is discussion and what is just plain abusive, so.... until that day.... I'm glad to expose you for the hateful individuals you are. I do pity you, and I have no anger towards you. I just find it hard to believe people can be full of so much hate.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, your mind is so closed that you think anyone who has a different point of view must be "hateful" and "trying to start crap." You simply cannot tolerate that someone would not see things the way you see them. And that is what a closed mind does.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why is it Atheists are always trying to push their point of view? If you don't believe in a higher power, fine. But it always seems like you have to prove your point which you never will, anymore than Christians can prove theirs. The fact is, neither side knows for sure. It all comes down to what you believe. Why not just leave it at that?

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
Sure fooled me!
well.... considering your uninformed point of view on most topics discussed around here, I can see how fooling you wouldn't be that hard of a task in the first place. I'll take the point, but can surely say that it was fairly effortless to score.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well.... considering your uninformed point of view on most topics discussed around here
I can honestly say that I'm one of the few people on this website who actually is informed on the subject of evolution vs creationism. Those of you who read the bible, but never pick up a biology book, are clueless as to what you are opposing. But that doesn't stop you from calling it a lie.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
The fact is, neither side knows for sure.
I find it interesting that there are one of these people who come into each of these conversations and say this same thing. All that the person who says this is saying "I don't know which side is right." :upsidedown:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I find it interesting that there are one of these people who come into each of these conversations and say this same thing. All that the person who says this is saying "I don't know which side is right." :upsidedown:
Yes, but I will admit it and respect someone else view without criticizing them for what they believe.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why does it matter to me what someone else believes?

Because when religion purports to offer a complete answer to problems of purpose, morality, origins or science, it often discourages exploration of those areas by suppressing curiosity, denies its followers a broader perspective, and can prevent social, moral and scientific progress.

Because of the phenomenon of religious war as one of the more destructive consequences of religious belief. These conflicts are among the most difficult to resolve, particularly where both sides believe that God is on their side and has endorsed the moral righteousness of their claims.

Because many people believe they have a religious duty to take "control of a sinful secular society", either by putting fundamentalists in office, or by forcing "holy" law into the secular sphere.

What others believe has a direct effect on my life and the world I'm trying to live in. This is why it matters to me what other people believe.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
Why is it Atheists are always trying to push their point of view? If you don't believe in a higher power, fine. But it always seems like you have to prove your point which you never will, anymore than Christians can prove theirs. The fact is, neither side knows for sure. It all comes down to what you believe. Why not just leave it at that?
It's ahrd to leave it at that because what you believe only goes as far as you're willing to look. If you look at EVERYTHING with no bias and then get an opinion from that..... it's respectful enough. But let's say the only thing I ever researched was the back of a count chocula box...... then I said "There is a chocolate loving vampire lurking in the world and he seeks to eat our chocolatey cereal, which is the the most precious possession any of us can have....... IT all comes down to what I believe. Why not leave it at that....? Becasue my conclusion is uninformed, poorly researched, compared to no other belief, not compared to history, not compared to science, not compared to ANYTHING! I just went gung ho and forgott about checking it's legitimacy. THAT is why we can't just leave it at that.

To those of us that have studied and considered (unbias by the way) Budhism, Islam, Catholocism (Don't even call it christianity), Mormonism, Scientology, the Occult, and some other whacky stuff out there..... I think we might be a bit more informed becasue we checked it all out and held it all to the fire to see what burned up, and what held up. I have come to my belief and my place in a faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, becasue I simply found no validity in anything else, as hard as I looked for it. And I'm still willing to consider the fact that I MAY BE WRONG, but nobody has ever put a strong enough UNBIAS scientific theory in front of me to discredit the place I am right now. The only science anyone can bring against it is those of the attacking pagan, agnostic, or athiest scientists. They are not motivated by the search for truth, but simply to disprove God. That is not unbias, therefore is not science in it's purest form, and I can not accept it. Just the same as I can not accept the science of JUST christian scientists! I must take it all, and the sum of all the equasions always leads to intelegent design, and amazingly accurate prophecy in the Bible.

Hate speach and bad science are not going to sway me. Rhetoric and stupid questions that amount to things like "Could God create a rock so big that even he couldn't life it", are not worth a discussion, becasue answering them would accomplish nothing, nor is it a question that would have an answer that would have any value in proving or disproving a belief in any God, or Gods, or lack of God.

I'm not interested in games. Games are for Children, and when I was a child I did as a child, but when I grew older.... I put childish things behind me.
Seriously guys.... let's be adult. I dare you...... I really do.

And with that being said, I fully expect an onslaught of accusations of me acting childish. Just another childish game. Do what you will guys.... a man can be judged by his fruit, and I can honestly say that the way you present yourselves..... not many would be enticed to eat from a tree that presented itself as so full of poison and thorns.

Is any of this statement intended as judgment on anyone here? NO! It's just the way I look at life, and it's been a heck of a journey. But I feel I've looked at all of the roads and finally found the one that didn't have a very clear dead end.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
By all means go and see the movie, bug!

I gotta see this movie. :thumb:
Hopefully it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy about your mockery. I do pity folks like you who are so full of fear and uncertainty about your situation. Always looking for others to make you feel better about your uncertainty (misery loves company)...living in the unknown.

Take some of your friends too...have a BIG laugh about some idiot on a website who was bold enough to proclaim to you that YOU, ONE DAY, WILL BOW DOWN ON YOUR KNEES IN THE PRESENCE OF YAHSHUA!

That day will come my friend...remember this moment and the chance you had, but chose mockery instead.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts