Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I read anything about refugees the are fleeing the country going to the cities.

Let's imagine a guard is posted, anywhere but most of the time it is stated on the road to your place as if the only way you are going to be approached is by the road. Anyway here comes a group of people. You the guard threaten the group. The group keeps coming. You have the option of starting shooting at which point you are going to get killed if the group is armed, or you can let them approach. How are you going to keep any one of the group from shooting you the guard as you can't keep an eye on all of them all the time and they can out shoot you by sheer numbers anyway so you are going to get killed. So much for guards. One person can't guard anything against a group. Another thing is that the guard can be shot from a great distance by any good shot with a varmint rifle.

The 'ONLY' way you can survive is in a group.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Not sure if I understand what you are asking, but, especially if you only have one guard out, they should be in cover and consealed so they don't have to expose themselves if they have to shoot.
And, as you mentioned, in that situation, might not work out real well if own your own...need a back up team.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
as an SO, if you have situation like that on or near your post, usually you are not going to be required to say anything to them, only call the police and then your supervisor/account manager. You've done your duty at that point- so your second priority is to look after numero uno. the type of SO you're talking about isn't trained in much more than safe firearm operation- IF that. He is not expected to take on a gaggle of people like that.

Reactions: test

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm assuming the message of this is that we need to be in groups in order to survive,
which is totally logical.

But it doesn't make sense. If you're talking about an "organized" group...like say the
National Guard that's blocking access...there's NO WAY they're going to stick just one
person out on a road to block people from coming. They're going to put several, with
full auto guns, a truck blocking the road and MAYBE barbed wire. They're going to
have a forward guard to warn people off with reserves farther up the road. Even one
man with a barricade, wire and heavy weapons could hold off a pretty decent force or
people. No trained guard is going to be just standing out front waiting for someone to
pick him off with a rifle...if he did and got shot...he would deserve it. He's going to sit
in his truck watching the road until a group gets close and then warn then to stop with
a bullhorn and tell them to put their weapons down...and start shooting if they didn't.

·
Mr. Sailfish
349 Posts
If you don't have at least 3-4 people, stay tight and stay quiet. one versus probably multiple attackers is not good odds in the long run.

I'd think that if you wanted to have a proper guard post set up, either go for a roadblock or some kind of gate or entrance. Be guarding at least some sort of physical barrier to at least vehicles. Have 2-3 people up front, and 2-3 a hundred yards back with rifles. That way, the guys up front are covered. Even if the front guys go down, the attackers will still get shot up.

Even better, let the approaching refugees/possible attackers know that they are in the sights of hidden sharpshooters.

With any luck, they'll pass by and look for the one man guard post.

·
Banned
317 Posts
When the time comes I will not be in my house at night time but about 75 feet away form it in hiding........anyone who touches my inners fence wich is 10 feet away from the house and all the way around it would go down.........and unless the rest of them run like hell they there would be other surprices that I have control of from my hiding spot.

A fence is nothing more than a sign that you should keep out and not just to keep you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts