Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You talkin' to me?
8,463 Posts
This has been discussed several times. They are called DISPOSABLE for a reason. I know there are members who do it, and take the proper precautions but as someone who makes their living in Propane and has seen more stupid stuff than you can imagine, (propane piped with PVC for example), refilling these things is dangerous and NOT recommended.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
This has been discussed several times. They are called DISPOSABLE for a reason. I know there are members who do it, and take the proper precautions but as someone who makes their living in Propane and has seen more stupid stuff than you can imagine, (propane piped with PVC for example), refilling these things is dangerous and NOT recommended.
Oh that is a good one! Propane piped with PVC. What could possibly go wrong.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My old boss at the asphalt plant was proud of himself for having figured out how to refill disposables off of our main propane tank.
Then he was told that if he did it, or told anyone to do it, it would be considered an intentional unsafe act, and consequences would occur.

·
Organ Donor
827 Posts
I have always wanted to buy one of those adapters to do it but have read too many times that they start to leak after a few refills. That tells me right there that I should not try it.

McLOVIN

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I have always wanted to buy one of those adapters to do it but have read too many times that they start to leak after a few refills. That tells me right there that I should not try it.

McLOVIN
I've got 5, refilled several of them many times.

But I don't refill them inside near a stove, and store them outside.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.