Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
S&W Fan
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have two questions for you!

I'm considering putting a scope on my 10/22 and I think that a red dot scope would be pretty cool. Light weight and the point and shoot feature would be great for plinking. Anything I should be looking for in a red dot sight? ****'s Sporting Goods has one for $40 dollars. A Tru-Glo I believe.

Second question. I've been looking into getting a .357 for a while now, mainly to be used for hunting and target shooting. I've taken an interest in the Ruger Blackhawk Convertible. Being able to shoot 3 different loads out of the same gun is a big plus in my eyes. Really like the single action. Just wondering if anyone has any experiance with this gun, and the 9mm cylinder.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Brandon

·
Registered
126 Posts
You cannot go wrong with the blackhawk for your stated purpose.

Single action is tough for a slef defense weapon, however.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Dad owns that gun in stainless and LOVES it. .38 special and .357 mag are the rounds he shoots the most. Personally I lust after his .44mag super redhawk..

·
Registered
9,522 Posts
I have a Tasco Propoint II on one of my 10-22...It's a hoot...

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Why do you need a scope on a .22 anyway? The round doesn't have the effective range to warrant it. Learn your iron sights til they're 2nd nature and batteries in red cheap dot's always fail.

·
S&W Fan
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the posts, but to reply to Kahn. I've been shooting this particular 10/22 for a while now and the iron sights are okay, but I'm looking to step it up a bit. Don't have any desire to get a scope for distance, but just a sight or optic that will allow me to point and shoot at targets close and far. This gun is mainly a plinker, but its fun to shoot small game with it and I want to have as much confidence in my little .22 as I can.

Thank you
Brandon

·
S&W Fan
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm gonna buy a Tru Glo sight at dicks once they go on sale, they are only about 30 bucks in a week or two. But I need some more info on the Blackhawk! Anyone here who owns one or has shot one more than me, give me all the tips and info you have about them. Rugers site says I'm gonna pay about 600 for the 357/9mm, but thats usually alot more than they go for at a store. How much do you think I'll be paying for it?

Thank you
Brandon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts