Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the beginning of the movie, RED DAWN, they show 5 statements to set up the movie: (my thoughts in red)

1) Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years.
we have heard reports of crop failures and food shortages
for years. Food shortages here in the U.S. will result in food riots and civil
unrest. do I hear MARSHAL LAW ?

2) Labor and Food riots in Poland Soviet troops invade.
The Polish leadership died in a "plane
crash" last week. Why wouldn't the Soviets send troops to "help
stabilize' the government ?

3) Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000.
El Salvador and Honduras fall.
Chaves has already ordered several military crossings
into Columbia. With some Soviet/Chinese help Chaves could very
easily take El Salvador and/or Honduras(there goes my cigars)

4) Mexico plunges into Revolution
The drug cartels join forces and take control of the
Mexican government
5) NATO dissolves. The United States stands ALONE
We are pretty much alone as it is.

And this is WHY WE PREP

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
in the beginning of the movie, RED DAWN, they show 5 statements to set up the movie: (my thoughts in red)

Mexican government

And this is WHY WE PREP
Ironic how "life imitates art".

·
keep your powder dry
314 Posts

Mexican government

And this is WHY WE PREP
1) No comment. Not well versed in this subject.

2) Mostly because the Polish "leadership" that died was largely ceremonial leadership -- the real Polish governmental head, the prime minister, was not aboard the plane. Also, the Soviet Union fell in 1991.

3) I doubt Columbia has the naval capacity to do such a thing. Even with "Soviet" help.

4) Agreed. I've been wondering if/when the government of Mexico will just sucumb to the drug-kingpins.

5) Agreed. However, no nation also has the capability at this time to mount an invasion of the US, especially a cross-ocean one. Well, except for Mexico, theyre doing pretty well at the invading part :mad:

6) Red Dawn the new movie is tentatively scheduled for release 11-24-2010. Just an fyi :D:

·
What would McGyver do?
644 Posts
The soviet union is "No Mas" Russia IS playing friendly with China, but then again so are we (the U.S.) I don't see a clear potential enemy but several possabilities such as the U.N.- post event supposedly to "help restore order", China-for rescourses and to "spread the revolution", Most of the middle east- "KILL all the infidels" Venezuela- same as china but more oppresive and violent. My piont is we need to be vigilantly watching ALL directions!

·
Loyalty Lies Deep
344 Posts
My point is we need to be vigilantly watching ALL directions!
I agree with this statement; however, the United States needs to keep friends with China, since they hold so much of our debt and the U.S. Dollar, but they should always be weary. My major concern is this: If the U.S. loses the capability to have or show "value" monetarily, I am concerned that we will lose our "Super-Power" effect. I don't want to see this happen! If this scenario were to happen, every government, that ever wanted to see us collapse, would step up and challenge us.

Our government and our citizens, need to be OnTheLookOut!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
1) No comment. Not well versed in this subject.

2) Mostly because the Polish "leadership" that died was largely ceremonial leadership -- the real Polish governmental head, the prime minister, was not aboard the plane. Also, the Soviet Union fell in 1991.

3) I doubt Columbia has the naval capacity to do such a thing. Even with "Soviet" help.

4) Agreed. I've been wondering if/when the government of Mexico will just sucumb to the drug-kingpins.

5) Agreed. However, no nation also has the capability at this time to mount an invasion of the US, especially a cross-ocean one. Well, except for Mexico, theyre doing pretty well at the invading part :mad:

6) Red Dawn the new movie is tentatively scheduled for release 11-24-2010. Just an fyi :D:
In regards to your statement that the Soviet Union fell in '91', that is true, but do not think for a second that the Russians gave up; they just changed tactics.

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
I think that one of the next major crisis' that will catch our government off guard is full blown civil war in Mexico, followed by overwhelming numbers of refugees seeking "asylum" in America...

·
Only human...
270 Posts
Also, with a break down in Mexico, the likely hood of large arms leaking into the U.S. becomes more real. I wouldn't worry as much about ground forces invading the continental U.S. as I would about coordinated attacks like the ones portrayed in Jericho.

Awesome show, slacked off a bit towards the end though. I just wish I could count on my community to stick together as well as theirs did on that show.

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
I agree with this statement; however, the United States needs to keep friends with China, since they hold so much of our debt and the U.S. Dollar, but they should always be weary. My major concern is this: If the U.S. loses the capability to have or show "value" monetarily, I am concerned that we will lose our "Super-Power" effect. I don't want to see this happen! If this scenario were to happen, every government, that ever wanted to see us collapse, would step up and challenge us.

Our government and our citizens, need to be OnTheLookOut!
China divested themselves of there US Bonds, selling them to Japan and Saudi Arabia this year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.