Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i dont know how i feel about that. it should just be another similar story, with different invaders and maybe a different part of america. not a "remake"

·
Be Prepared
273 Posts
I read an article about it and the writer suggested they make it the "Chinese Red Army" and base it a couple decades forward... Although, who knows if they need to make it that far into the future.... Either way, I'm stoked and hope they don't blow it.

·
Jesus Is Lord!
346 Posts
I loved Red Dawn. Those kids were about my age at the time of the movie release. That movie really got me to thinking, "What if and what would I do, if it did?" That movie is one of the reasons why I included the book "Escape and Evasion" by Will Fowler in my survival book collection and other similar books like the FM 21-76.

Hope they don't sex up the movie too bad. Red Dawn was about being in pure survival mode and the harshness of living off the land and fighting a stronger enemy. The innocent romantic scenes between the young female patriot and the downed pilot was about as far as I would want anything of a sexual/romantic content to go. No one had to tell me there were rapes going on in town or young women were forced into prostitution to take care of their familes. Common sense would dictate that.

Hope Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen or the others in the original film get cameo roles, too. They were in the original.

Maybe a good knife fight scene, too.

·
Jesus Is Lord!
346 Posts
Swayze has terminal cancer. Pancreatic, I think. He could be a refugee or POW character if the cancer has him pretty bad.

·
Jesus Is Lord!
346 Posts
A good knife fight scene would be knice. (hee hee) Like in the movie The Hunted with Benecio del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones. Of course some karate or other martial art fight scene would add a little spice to it, too.

·
Jesus Is Lord!
346 Posts
Yeah, the Canadians will send in the Inuit first. :eek:

I won't have to move to Canada in four years. I will be a Canadian in four years living in the Deep South and never moved a mile from home. I fear for our country's future. :headshake:

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Im pretty damn stoked, either way it will be a good survival movie, and if i dont like it, ill just put on the original one when i get home!:thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
We have a town in Alaska the Canadians invade just about every night.
Hyder, Alaska in S.E. at the head of the Portland channel, sits right across the bridge from Stewart, B.C.
There is no customs crossing so the folks from Stewart head to Hyder after work to drink beer. As the beer is a lot cheaper on the Alaska side.
Last time I was there Hyder was so small they didn't even have a police dept or any state troopers stationed there. The RCMP used to make a drive through about closing time to get their drunks home without driving.
..............................................................Alaskan....

·
Jesus Is Lord!
346 Posts
I never meant to be cruel or funny towards Mr. Swazye's probable fatal diagnosis with pancreatic cancer (should he read this post). It was the movie Red Dawn that put him on the map for me back when I was in my 20s and lived in a podunk southern town, in a podunk tin roof shack, and there wasn't much to do except watch movies and go hunting and fishing after work.

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
The remake in mid 2009,heck by then we could be living the real deal! But if not ill wait for it on cd.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts