Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Texan
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the first step would be to make newspapers or something and linotype machines are being pushed out of existence by modern technology but its basically a printing press you use block letters with. I dont have the space or the money and kind of a lack of interest too.

Somebody should be interested in this and not everybody needs one but if we get atleast maybe 2 in every state running it would be great.

There are linotype operators out there but they dont have any survival equipment and wouldnt likely survive.

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
What?
Are you trying to respond to some other thread, maybe?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well the first step would be to make newspapers or something and linotype machines are being pushed out of existence by modern technology but its basically a printing press you use block letters with. I dont have the space or the money and kind of a lack of interest too.

Somebody should be interested in this and not everybody needs one but if we get atleast maybe 2 in every state running it would be great.

There are linotype operators out there but they dont have any survival equipment and wouldnt likely survive.
You can't eat a newspaper.

It sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse.

Also, I want to add that the invention of the Media is a major contribution to our current mess.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,580 Posts
And you, uh, know this how? Talked to all of them have you?

It's going to take several industries coming back before printing is a reality. Someone has to produce paper. That's going to take fuel and logging. Someone has to produce ink. That's going to take chemicals. And someone has to be able to get the printed materials out to the readers. That's going to take transportation and distribution.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I recently read that if a EMP took place and kicked us back to 1800 lifestyle. Only 1 in 10 would be alive after the first year. Haveing a paper route would not be a viable occupation. Communication will be important I think it would be more on the line of mobile traders spreading the news that a newspaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts