Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Acolyte
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a one year old son, and I am concerned that in the next few years we are looking at a substantial breakdown in society and services, possibly worldwide.

In that scenario, I'm trying to plan for having to educate my son at home. By "educate" I mean the basics: reading, writing, math, history, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for books that would be good for this sort of thing, hopefully that would cover the full range of current grades (1-12)? Preferably books that don't contain liberal agenda talking points and revisionism.

FYI, I already have plenty of survival, military, phys ed, and outdoorsy skills books. Not really looking for those sorts of things.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

·
Registered
371 Posts
I always use Rainbow Resource when looking at what to get. They will send you a free catalog that's as large as a phone book, and they have good descriptions and explanations of items. They sell just about any curriculum or even reading books, science lab kits, school supplies, and all kinds of fun learning stuff as well.

There's such a vast array of HS stuff out there! Very different teaching/learning styles too! I find with the catalog, I'm able to weed out the styles that just would not work for us.

Great folks to deal with! :)

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
I was home schooled from middle school through high school, went on to college and received my master of science. Homeschooling works if the parents take the time.

If you are serious about this, then stock up for your child's complete education (K-12) and maybe even some post high school education. Education will be just as important post meltdown as it is now.

·
One of the Frozen Chosen
250 Posts
Just a suggestion for Math in particular you may want to consider Saxon. Written for all grades thru to upper level math, these texts build sequentially and help with thinking skills. They also have some science texts.

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Just a suggestion for Math in particular you may want to consider Saxon. Written for all grades thru to upper level math, these texts build sequentially and help with thinking skills. They also have some science texts.
I agree. This is what we used primarily from algebra to pre calc and trig. I think it is pretty common in homeschooling circles.

·
Traditional Catholic
460 Posts
Many home schooling resources are though churches. If you happen to be a Catholic Christian or open to it, see:

http://www.setonhome.org/

I get many materials for my young one through that school. I supplement his regular school with these home study materials.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts